Adding params to config files to overide .dll variables??

hypersonic

Ancient Starship
Reaction score
Hi all,
I noticed recently when dabbling with .cfg file for a spaceship, where the file was practically bare of variables, that if able to add:

mass = xxxxxxx

This had the effect of 'overiding' the mass set within the ship's .dll & changed the ship to the mass that I wanted.

This got me thinking, having not read the SDK, what other default 'Orbiter' variables could be inserted into the ship's config file that will overide settings that are set in the dll.
Obviously i'm asking about common, 'oribiter' variables & NOT custom made ones that are only relevant to a particular ship.

Things like RCS thrust levels etc?
Or main engine thrust levels & so on?

The reason of course is if you may want to tweak a ships characteristics, when the source files to recompile a dll are not available.

If i can add the varialble 'mass' & successfully change it for the ship, what other default variables Could i add as well?

Cheers
Al

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Look at a ship that solely bases on a cfg file e.g. Spacecraft3 Ships. AFAIK need these ships all variables defined.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Spacecraft3 files won't help him with normal Orbiter .cfg files :p I think you might want to try looking for the "3DModel.pdf" file in the Orbiter SDK doc directory, this should contain everything you can put in a configuration file and I'm pretty sure it has a rough guide on how to use each one :thumbup:, I'm not entirely sure on how many of these will work with .dll based spacecraft though.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Orbiter 2010/Doc/OrbiterConfig.pdf ;)

Overriding a vessel specs with the .cfg file will not work with .dll vessel modules that redefine the specs outside of the "clbkSetClassCaps" method.

hypersonic

Ancient Starship
Reaction score
Hi All
Many thanks for your replies, have found what i needed.
:thumbup: