.dll Question Adding engine flames

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
[TL;DR, feel free to skip] I am making a simple spacecraft; so simple in fact I could make it using a config file.

But I am trying to do it with a .dll, just to figure it out. Start simple. And I still can't do it. It was hand enough just getting it to build.

I got a few prototype builds done, and they "worked", so I began working on details. [/TL;DR]

I want to add RCS exhaust flames to my vessel. The SDK says to add:
Code:
UINT AddExhaust (THRUSTER_HANDLE th, double lscale, double wscale, SURFHANDLE tex = 0)

I added:
Code:
UINT AddExhaust (THRUSTER_HANDLE th_rcs, double lscale = 2, double wscale = 1, SURFHANDLE tex = 0);

It doesn't cause compilation or build errors, but there are still no RCS flames. It seems exactly the same with or without that line. What's up?

Thanks! :cheers:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I added:
Code:
UINT AddExhaust (THRUSTER_HANDLE th_rcs, double lscale = 2, double wscale = 1, SURFHANDLE tex = 0);

It doesn't cause compilation or build errors, but there are still no RCS flames. It seems exactly the same with or without that line. What's up?

Did you exactly add that line? If you did it this way, that line isn't calling any function, but it's just a declaration / function prototype. To call that function, you need to do it without writing types before variables and function name, like:
Code:
AddExhaust (th_rcs, 2, 1, tex);
Or something similar. Of course "th_rcs" and "tex" in the above example need to be defined before you call AddExhaust.