News Add-ons working in Orbiter 2016

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I would really appreciate, if LolaMFD could be updated.
I run version LolaMFD_082010. It works with Orbiter2016 and guides the vessel right above the targeted landing pad. But it is fooled by the planetary mean radius, which is different from the actual altutude above ground.
Example: For Brighton Beach the final approach ends about 2000 m above ground, with a perfect zero forward speed. LoalMFD shuts the engine down when the (theoretical) height is zero. From here the vessel drops vertically to the ground, where it impacts right on the landing pad, unless it is slowed down manually.

I guess it would be sufficient to switch the oapiGetAltitude() call for the final approach to the new altitude mode ALTMODE_GROUND.

The recompiled PursuitMFD found here, http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=540855&postcount=37, works in Orbiter 2016, and has the same functionality.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Thanks! Tried a quick flight, and it worked!
The landing approach however was a little rough, with some forward speed and tilt at touchdown, leading to some slight bouncing until the vessel came to rest.
Will give the readme a closer look :)

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just to let you know Shuttle Fleet isn't working also GPMFD included with I know David 413 isn't here any more Main engines on the orbiter won't fire so big problem for me

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just to let you know Shuttle Fleet isn't working also GPMFD included with I know David 413 isn't here any more Main engines on the orbiter won't fire so big problem for me
Not make a self-promotion here, but why don't you transition over to SSU? That Shuttle Fleet would become non-working one day was always in the cards since it is closed-source and the author isn't around anymore. Now that that day has come, and it is time to make a decision: stick with Shuttle Fleet and watch the world move away from you, or get on the future train and experience something absolutely new and exciting.

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
>> And also good to mention: the XR-fleet itself has been perfectly updated, but DanSteph's UMmu on which it depends is not.
For example: selecting an evacuated UMmu from the XR2 results in a CTD.

Same here - crash.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Not Working:
Precession Mfd
The source code is included so hopefully someone can get it working one day. It's very useful for making precise rendezvous and fine-tuning a geostationary orbit or sun-synchronous orbit.

I've tried to get the bits together to recompile this against the new orbiter version, but I can't find several of the libraries. Many things are in the Acknowledgements, but it's not clear what I need to grab. This addon dumps 2 dlls into orbiter-root (libnlopt-0.dll, lpsolve55.dll) and 4 into /modules/plugin (msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll and PrecessionMFD.dll) That's all I can say for sure about it right now. I'll look at it some more and see if I can find all the dependencies.

paddy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
HoverMFD not working, enable module and Orb2016 fails to load.

NukeET

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Thanks! Tried a quick flight, and it worked!
The landing approach however was a little rough, with some forward speed and tilt at touchdown, leading to some slight bouncing until the vessel came to rest.
Will give the readme a closer look :)

Yes. I too noticed that odd behavior. The 2010 version was a lot smoother and consistent.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
The 2010 version was a lot smoother and consistent.

But only because Orbiter 2010 essentially cheats by having zero elevation everywhere.

This sort of thing is the price for added realism...:thumbup:

NukeET

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
This sort of thing is the price for added realism...:thumbup:

No, I don't think that's it. I think something changed in the algorithm when it was recompiled.

But only because Orbiter 2010 essentially cheats by having zero elevation everywhere.

It is not so much cheating, as it was lacking the ability to model elevation.

Actually, I like the idea of NOW having to avoid terrain. I LMAO when I do fly INTO it!!!

Last edited:

turtle91

Reaction score
The only changes within PursuitMFD are:

-slightly more tollerance when it comes to hover_over_pad(so the very last seconds before touchdown)
=The vesel has about 1 meter more (XY)offset allowed, to finalize the AP
I have done this, to improve the landing at Mars. I have had many landings were I was about just 1 meter too far from the pad-center, and the AP tried to compensate this 1 meter.
Unfortunately, the AP-compensate-logic, screwed-up the entire landing.(drifting all over the place and never find its way back to the pad-center).

-the altitude AP-cutoff value is now 0.6 meter (was 0.5 meter).
Same reason,.. to increase the chance to have a successfull landing on Mars.

Thats all.
So the entire aproach-phase had not been touched, except that PursuitMFD now checks the ground-altitude in realtime during is entire descent until AP-cutoff.
It might could cause problems in really bumpy areas, esp. on vessel which might have weak/slow RCS-rotation-capabilites.
But using a DG or XR-vessel, I have had never issues (at least on airless worlds).

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
> TransX has been updated and I am using it without problems.

TransX is included with Orbiter; I'm not counting included stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

> Furthermore, I am using the ScreenCapture add-on without any problems as far as I noticed.

Is that this one? [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3279"]Screen capture[/ame]

NukeET

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
It might could cause problems in really bumpy areas, esp. on vessel which might have weak/slow RCS-rotation-capabilites.
But using a DG or XR-vessel, I have had never issues (at least on airless worlds).

The changes I'm seeing are on an airless body, i.e., the Moon. With an XR2.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm taking Wideawake off the list. I just tried one of the scenarios, landing a DG. It had me landing in the water facing away from the island, and when I flew over the island there was a very warped landing strip, buildings floating in the air, etc. It looked like a Salvador Dali painting. :rofl:

turtle91

Reaction score
The changes I'm seeing are on an airless body, i.e., the Moon. With an XR2.

What "changes" ?
Trouble to have a full-wheel stop with the XR2 after landing ?
If yes, you might run into the same trouble I (still)have:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=539686&postcount=32

Doug was not able to reproduce the problem, so I thought I was the only one, caused by my SVN-Orbiter-Install.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I've found some time to upload the new versions of my stuff officially to OH. I've also uploaded 2010 versions under new links. It was a lot of confusing work, so if something breaks, do let me know.