A victim of the big bang.

bujin

Reaction score
I think the reason things like the Y2K hystaria, the 2012 theory, and this arise is because humans are naturally interested by the idea they will get to see the end of humanity

That is quite true! It's nothing new either. End of the World Myths have been floating around for thousands of years. Even the New Testament claims that Armageddon would occur within the lifetime of the people who were around at the time of Jesus.

Bullethead

Reaction score
Website
www.stormeaglestudios.com
It is said that most of accidents take place within a 2 km radius around home, so we need to move Earth 4 km to be safe.:rofl:

Damn good idea, AR :cheers:. It's also probably more doable than any of the other asteroid deflection schemes I've read about. Shouldn't the same sort of gravity tugboat thing work with Earth? And isn't it easier to intercept with Earth than some distant projectile? Plus, move Earth 4km away from the sun you solve global warming at the same time. :).

-----Posted Added-----

I think the reason things like the Y2K hystaria, the 2012 theory, and this arise is because humans are naturally interested by the idea they will get to see the end of humanity

Back in the Cold War, I always wanted to get hit by the 2nd or 3rd nuke, right between the eyes. Poof, I'm gone, but I get to see several cool explosions in the distance first ;).

I was really disappointed in Y2K. I was all ready to go totally Mad Max when that happened, being a descendant of a LONG line of anarchists and bandits. People would ask me, "Aren't you stockpiling food for Y2K?" And I'd answer, "No, I'm stockpiling ammunition and making a list of people who are stockpiling food." :rofl: