Search A rocket with alot of stages and or parachutes.

Slice N Splice

Reaction score
I use orbiter for fun mainly. And i am very interested in things that got parachutes, such as UCGO cargos and all that.

I gave universal parachute a try but it was too hard to add on anything and it just wasn't realistic.

Can anyone give me a link to a rocket that has a parachute and or alot of stages on it, that can mainly be flown just for fun. Since i use orbiter only for fun.

:probe:

Chupacabra

Reaction score
Something like [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=407"]this[/ame]? Doesn't have UCGO cargo as it was created before UCGO but, it does have a launch vehicle with three stages (and parachutes) as well as a moon lander with about as much.

Have fun!

Slice N Splice

Reaction score
Anyone else got any link to rockets with alot of stages and or parachutes?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Why don't you look for it?

Slice N Splice

Reaction score
Does anyone else got a link to any rockets with parachutes and or alot of stages.

Also i need links to anything with a parachute on it. I am very interested in parachutes!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You know; with just a bit of effort, anim8tor, gimp and multistage, you could make your own and upload it onto the 'hangar.
IIRC there is even a parachute add-on that can be configured from an MFD. Although I'm going to have to look it up to see if it's really what you are looking for...

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3842"]Universal Parachute[/ame]

Last edited:

Slice N Splice

Reaction score
You know; with just a bit of effort, anim8tor, gimp and multistage, you could make your own and upload it onto the 'hanger.
IIRC there is even a parachute add-on that can be configured from an MFD. Although I'm going to have to look it up to see if it's really what you are looking for...

Universal Parachute

I could not remember all the steps and all that it takes to make my own stuff, thats out of the question.

As well i never did like universal parachute. It is very unrealistic to me. It is just a little thing that doesn't even have any strings on it.

Sorry, but those are out of the question.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Anybody else got a link to a addon with a parachute on it?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I could not remember all the steps and all that it takes to make my own stuff, thats out of the question.

As well i never did like universal parachute. It is very unrealistic to me. It is just a little thing that doesn't even have any strings on it.

Universal parachute uses a vey simple visual image for a parachute so just change the mesh, thats what I did and got some very nice looking images.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I would recommend that you go to http://www.orbithangar.com/index.php and use the handy quicksearch tool. There is also avsim,http://www.avsim.com/ but there search engine is a little bit clunky and not at easy as the one at the 'hangar. But still they have a lot of things to offer for Orbiter, but it isn't as easy to use, and might be too much work.

edit - fixed the link to the hangar...

edit again - fixed my spelling...

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ah dang... I goofed that up... My sister-in-law was on the phone and I had a divided-attention moment. :facepalm:
But, there are 19 hits using the search tool for "parachutes", but not all will be what dude here wants. There are also 13 pages worth of things under launchers... I'm sure the 'hanger has what slice-n-splice is looking for.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I doubt it was due to a distraction, since you keep spelling it wrong. The word is actually spelt H-A-N-G-A-R as it relates to aircraft buildings, which is the term used by orbithangar.

This is also the third time the OP has been pointed to OHM's search function. You'd think that'd be enough.

Slice N Splice

Reaction score
I tried universals parachute with a new mesh. The mesh is not rotated correctly, AND it is too difficult to figure out what position is best to add a parachute at and to make a config file :(

I don't know what position is what. It is way too much a hassle.

Also i did a search on orbit hangar alot of times, most of the stuff doesn't quite suit my needs. Also there is another vessel im looking for i use to have along time ago but i don't remember its name. It was a rocket with like 10 stages and had a parachute capsule, but it wasn't no advanced thing and stuff it was just a small rocket.

Anybody else got a link to something with parachutes?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hangarrrrrrrr...
pirate9e.gif