Hardware A little help with my controls setup

squeaky024

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
This is kind of hardware and software so ill just leave the prefix as hardware :)

I have a rather odd setup for my joystic/keyboard/racing wheel here. What happened is I had a lovely saitek x45 joystick with all the buttons and axises i'd ever need, but it broke. Specifically it still "works" but the controls are very twitchy and it seems that the power in the joystick is comming on and off, leaving my aircraft shaking as if i'm in heavy-severe turbulance.

Luckily I had a spare joystick, a saitek st90, that folds up because its portable, so I am now using that for flying. My problem is that that joystick has no rudder control, or throttle axis (it has a "digital throttle" which works on 25% incriments, which isnt the best thing for most flight sims) I always find myself using the F1-F4 keys to control throttle in FSX, but in orbiter I am forced to use the digital throttle which is quite inaccurate. In FSX I use the accelerator/brake pedals from my racing wheel as the rudder (which is probably the only advantage of my current setup) but in orbiter I dont think i can do that so i have to use the numpad.

Does anyone know any alternative controls to this setup that can help me make my flight experience a little closer to how it once was with my saitek x45?

Pictures of my joysticks (no need for wheel since pedals are quite obvious to imagine):

The Saitek x45
a2053ebbec40a08fb8dfede018b79664_59774899751290342564.jpg

The Saitek ST90
saitek-st90-joystick_iph3w0700490.jpg

Again for FSX I am using my racing wheel's pedals for rudder, which takes care of the no rudder part but it does not work in orbiter as far as I know. The throttle is what I just cannot figure out how to correct (or make more functional).

Edit: I also had the idea of using my scroll wheel as a throttle... just bouncing ideas but I don't see a setting to use that for orbiter, go figure.

Last edited: