OHM 2001 Revisited: To the Moon in 24 Hours (TTM24)

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
This archive has been modified to be use in ORBITER 2006-P1. Adaptated by: Real Brousseau (Arby). 2009-08-01. Beta Release 4. This version includes a panel and several fixes. This add-on is based on Dr. Stanley K. Borowski's paper titled "2001: A Space Odyssey Revisited" and my interpretation of paintings by NASA artist Pat Rawlings. Dr. Borowski proposes that the development of two key technologies -- liquid oxygen (LOX)-augmented nuclear thermal rocket (NTR) propulsion and lunar oxygen mining -- could form the basis of a lunar transportation system capable of providing weekly 24-hour flights to the Moon. Author: Kenneth Bolli. 2004-04-28

More...

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
If you take this
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=342"]To the Moon in 24 Hours (with panel)[/ame]

and then patch with this
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=559"]TTM24 Quicksave Fix[/ame]

and this
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3505"]To The Moon In 24 Hrs (Lunox Base Fix For Orbiter[/ame]

you may get exactly the addon you have posted.
I did not find anything new that did not belong to these addons already, so I do not find any "adaptation".
Am I missing something?

To me it looks like a duplicate post of an addon that was already posted at orbithangar.

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
At least it has all the Orbinaut need in one download. Nothing is more annoying then chasing after 4 different downloads (mind the correct installation order!) in order to get an Addon working...

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
What do you think David413 would do if someone else uploads a "complete space shuttle pack" or someone else uploads Greg Burch "complete vehicle/station pack" to OrbitHangar? You tell me.

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
You're right. Uploading somebody elses work is not very nice. So I guess we have to accept the fact that we have to carefully look on orbitehangar.com to find all the downloads needed.

But at least the original author was credited in the re-upload.

Last edited:

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Well, I saw it like not very polite. If I uploaded Shuttle fleet 3.9.5 pack, crediting David413, I am mostly sure he might not like it.

The interesting point about it is that from a user perspective, a single pack looks more appealing.

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
Sorry, I meant to say that it's "not very nice" to upload somebody elses stuff.

But in that case we have an abandoned addon and 2 fixes that I need to install. If a user just downloads the TTM24 he/she wouldn't be aware that a fix is needed.

And sometimes an addon refers to another addon which needs to be installed first, which will refer to to other addons that have to be installed first. and than there is a fix for an addon which would have to be installed right after installing the second addon but before installing the third addon. Things can get really messy.

I guess for the post Orbiter 2009 version, we need an improved way for installing addons.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
This is just my two cents, but I liked having everything in one package. Multiple addon and installing which package ahead of which makes me generally avoid the download to start with.
There are some shuttle/Kennedy add-ons that made me delete and reinstall Orbiter because I was tired of the CTD's from one texture or another not being found.
TTM24 was something else I avoided (until now) for the same reason, downloaded, installed, ran the scenarios, and now I love it.