20 years: A Orbiter Documentary Announcement

MercuryGlider

Reaction score
Hi all, as I'm sure you could tell from the title I am working on a documentary for Orbiter and it's community, all though I'm sure you've probably never heard of me I have some experience with the community and have been a player since 2019, if you want to add an addition or such a good way to is tell me some important milestones for the community or talk about your own personal experiences with the community, etc, I don't have a release date yet but I am hoping to get it out before August. Soon I am going to get a few outlets up for people to see updates on the progress of it.

Cheers!
-MercuryGlider

Attachments

• covertext.png
    covertext.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 48

MercuryGlider

Reaction score
I have gotten into contact with some of the nassp devs, they are assisting me on finding places for info

Attachments

• 1615951219065.png
    1615951219065.png
    301.2 KB · Views: 39

hhaonn

Reaction score
Hello, MercuryGlider
How are you doing with the documentary? Any progress?
Do you know that today Orbiter became opensource?

MercuryGlider

Reaction score
Quick status update: I underestimated how much info there was to comb through, I am still working on it. I cannot estimate how long it will take at this time. Also during mid July I had ran into a personal blunder. Hope you all understand.

MercuryGlider

Reaction score
Hello, MercuryGlider
How are you doing with the documentary? Any progress?
Do you know that today Orbiter became opensource?
I am aware that it is open source and I am modifying the script to mention it.

MercuryGlider

Reaction score
Okay I have some good news, I have gotten the first version of the script done! It should only need a few tweaks then I will get to editing and I should hopefully have a trailer or a little preview for you all on Christmas ;) this writing process was very lengthy and it took so much researching and playing/troubleshooting the old Orbiters to do. It's amazing to me to see how much Orbiter changed from each version. Also even though I did this a while back I am looking for a few people to interview on their overall experience with Orbiter and it's community again so if any of you want to tell me about that feel free to message me or anything since I want to do a segment purely about them now, cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

MercuryGlider

Reaction score
I have the 010313 version : i think it is the oldest one... :giggle:
Sorry for the late reply this project is a very touch and go thing with me, it would be great if by any chance you can send me the build or screenshots of it somehow if you could though don't worry if you can't.

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Sorry for the late reply this project is a very touch and go thing with me, it would be great if by any chance you can send me the build or screenshots of it somehow if you could though don't worry if you can't.
Hello
sure no problem.
As soon as I have time, I will put a link here so that you can download this version.
(so if other people are interested , they can also download it.)
may be I'll do this tomorrow or next Saturday.

Here are 2 screenshots and the orbiter.log file :giggle:

orb1.jpg

orb2.jpg

orb3.jpg

Last edited:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Here are the links for Orbiter 010313 files (zip format) :
  • first is "bases" files
  • second is "textures" files
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8lb8ad
https://www.sendspace.com/file/fvbllt

You need to unzip both of the archives zip files.

Caution :
"sendspace" is a free site, but it is safe.
As there are a lot of ads. just be careful where you click ;)

The name's files are :
  • orbiter010313base.zip
  • orbiter010313tex.zip

MercuryGlider

Reaction score

MercuryGlider

Reaction score
Yesterday as of writing this marked the 1 year anniversary of this project being announced and produced, I'm sure plenty of you are still wondering where everything is including the trailer and such, as for the trailer I completely forgot about the trailer and I have it on my list now, my apologies. I also have an extra hand now which should greatly speed things, this year is going to be the release year, I can feel it. It may seem like nothing is happening but a lot is happening behind the curtains, as for editing and such I have about 40% done. Going to sprinkle some gameplay of the early orbiter builds and such later this month onto the Youtube channel, got a reminder and everything so I shouldn't forget like the trailer, hope this helps everyone understand what's happening. :hailprobe:

MercuryGlider

Reaction score
Going to aim for Wednesdays with these weekly status reports, nothing much but just editing and voicing for now, I'm starting to record some of the early orbiters' footage now for the gameplay footage dump I plan on doing at the end of March and that's been really interesting. For now here is three screenshots of the 2005 050116 build, a lot seem to just run out of the box which is a lifesaver for me haha.

Attachments

• Orbiter 3_23_2022 10_22_39 PM.png
    Orbiter 3_23_2022 10_22_39 PM.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Orbiter 3_23_2022 10_23_00 PM.png
    Orbiter 3_23_2022 10_23_00 PM.png
    155 KB · Views: 17
  • Orbiter 3_23_2022 10_23_12 PM.png
    Orbiter 3_23_2022 10_23_12 PM.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 17