OHM XR-5 complete normal and specular maps V2

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: kosiiq

A complete collection of normal and specular maps for the XR-5Instructions: Unzip into the desired skin folder, eg. /textures/XR-5Vanguard/These textures were created on the original Vanguard skin, so any skin based on it will work. Enhances the Quality of the Model, even the low-poly pilots look good!Updates: Artifacts removed from top hull. (I drew the lines from scratch. Due to the angle of the lines, some pixilization may show, since increasing resolution makes file enormous) )Update 05/05/2013:Repacked because of errorFixed rocket engines NMapSpruced up landing gear NMapRequires: XR-5 D3d9/D3d11 client

DOWNLOAD

Felix24

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try to do something about those artifacts on the lines on the wings!

One thing that might help cure the artifacts is saving the normal maps as RGB8 files instead of DXT. The resulting file size is larger, but for important normal maps that get seen constantly (like the exterior), I think it's worth it.

Kosiiq

Reaction score
One thing that might help cure the artifacts is saving the normal maps as RGB8 files instead of DXT. The resulting file size is larger, but for important normal maps that get seen constantly (like the exterior), I think it's worth it.
I saw that the first time I created it, so I used RGB888. But I am working on it. I'll try drawing the lines of the top hull from scratch on a clean surface using original as template, because I get the artifacts from the original texture. But with the creation of these NM's and some other projects of mine, I am figuring out how to manipulate the NM to my liking... :) Credit goes to NVidia for their little DDS tool!

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I downloaded the files because I wanted to see your progress, looking at the before and comparing the after. But got two corrupt files in the download. The vital XR5T_norm.dds and the pilot_left_norm.dds. I redownloaded and got the same bad files.

Kosiiq

Reaction score
I downloaded the files because I wanted to see your progress, looking at the before and comparing the after. But got two corrupt files in the download. The vital XR5T_norm.dds and the pilot_left_norm.dds. I redownloaded and got the same bad files.

Oh No! I will repack and reupload! Thanks for the heads-up!
:facepalm: