Request West Coast

Calif_Dave77

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Because of the many air and space activities going on in California, I thought it would be good to have a California surface tile addon. At Edwards Airforce Base, the shuttle has landed several times. At Mohave airport, we have events going on such as the flights of the SS1 and many private ventures. We also have space launches happening at Vandenberg Air Force Base. I thought, why not make a surface tile/bases/runways/scenery addon done for California the same way it has been done for Florida? Something that encompasses all of those locations, rather than downloading many addons. One big overall download that creates all the necessary components of a large California surface detail addon. Just a thought..

Balladeer

Reaction score
That would be nice. I probably do most of my flying from out west. I love all of those areas. With all the separate addons though you can create a pretty nice effect. I use the Vandenberg addon with its few little mountains enabled, an Edwards addon to create a small texture and runways for that area, the Palmdale addon which is a nice mesh with runway that seems to overlap nicely with Edwards, Area 51, White Sands with its Mountain mesh and runway, and then the biggie, the Southern California Mountain addon which really creates some impressive vissuals especially from high altitude. I like launching from Vandenberg and then flying over the mountains, Edwards, and then to White Sands.

Its not much but I made a Prelude II Base skin with a worn, desert-like texture that I need to go ahead and upload.