Problem UMMU and AMSO Freeze Computer

vdub191

Reaction score
I was hoping one of the more computer-savvy members of this forum might help me out with a freezing problem I’ve been having.

Often while I’m playing Orbiter 2010, I experience a complete computer freeze; that is, I am forced to manually shut down my computer. The freeze occurs:

• Upon ingress after EVA using any craft that requires UMMU 2.0
• At about 80K altitude during reentry when flying Shuttle Fleet
• When I press the G button to deploy the landing gear on the Ravenstar
• When I try to abort an AMSO mission, use any of the built-in AMSO autopilots, or try to EVA in AMSO

I ran the UMMU patch that is included with UMMU 2.0, but the freezing persisted. I am running Windows 7 x64 on a fairly new Sony Vaio laptop. It has a nVidia GeForce 410M and an i5 with 4.00GB of RAM. I've tried clean installs plenty of times.
I don’t think I can get an error log.
I really wish I could just enjoy Orbiter, but this problem makes all the fun stuff impossible to do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Well, you're probably right; if you are having to shut down and restart then Orbiter.log probably isn't going to be much help.
I'm no whiz, but these questions came to mind;
1. Are you running Orbiter 2010 or 2010P1?

2. Are you using the inline graphics client or D3-Dwhatever the latest one is?
(I've never used anything but the inline client, but I seem to remember something about problems with nvidia cards.)

3. If you are using Orbiter 2010P1, are you installing it manually from the zip or are you using the installer?

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to try running a clean install with only AMSO, or only UMMU and see if you still get the problems.

One other thing, in the Orbiter launchpad, under the 'Extras' tab, select 'Debugging options', then double-click on 'Orbiter shutdown options' and try selecting 'Respawn Orbiter process' and see if that helps.(It probably won't as it was originally suggested to fix a screen flicker, I believe, but I bring it up because after I did it, not only did the flicker go away, but my install seemed to run a lot more stable.)

I hope any of this helps!

Most likely not, but at least it will keep your post up there awhile longer so more people can see it.:)

vdub191

Reaction score
Wow- I just installed D3D9 and was able to use the AMSO autopilots. I'm gonna check later to see if DanSteph's addons will work, but thanks Aeadar!