STUN Analysis

MessiGamer

Reaction score
Your system is eventually connected to the open internet through a port restricted cone NAT. I.e.: as soon as your machine sent packets out to a specific IP AND port through the NAT, it will get all packets sent to this address and port back from the IP AND port.
Do NOT use custom port setting at first, just connect. Chances are that it'll work flawlessly.
If it doesn't work, use custom port setting with an arbitrary port that you forwarded.

what? :hailprobe:

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm actually not convinced that the analysis is working correctly for MessiGamer. I'm currently trying another tweak to it, as I suppose his connection is a symmetrical NAT instead of a cone NAT. MessiGamer, please stay tuned.

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

MessiGamer, please download this and that into your \Modules\Plugin\DotNET\ folder. Your client window title should then read "OMP Client 0.7.4+2 ([ORRL2010]378:d54db2cc97fc)", and the STUN analysis will use a refined procedure to determine your NAT type. Please try and post the result here.

Last edited:

MessiGamer

Reaction score
Thanks for helping me! not just for me but also for Brazilians playing orbiter, and will try this new experience in multiplayer. :cheers:

picture.php

=== STUN analysis ===
(Check log progress)
Your system is eventually connected to the open internet through a symmetric NAT. I.e.: Only as long as your machine sent packets out to a specific IP and port through the NAT, it will receive packets from there. If the IP and port is changed, so is the NAT endpoint, breaking OMP session initiation protocol.
Use custom port setting with an arbitrary port that you forwarded.