Problem SSU HUD problem

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have a strange problem with the HUD: in the default SSU entry scenarios selecting the HUD switch ON allows the HUD to pop-up below Mach 2.5. On other scenarios though the HUD does not appear. Correct landing site and RWY selected, OPS304 running, both Air Data Probes have been deployed, FLT CTRL switches are ON on both CDR and PLT sides (also the Radar Altimeters on the OVHD panel have been activated but I believe the position of these switches in relation of the HUD functionality is currently irrelevant) orbiter well below Mach 2.5 but nothing, no HUD on either side appears...
Am I missing something or this could be a bug?..

Running SSU 4.2 on Orbiter2016 with D3D9

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Make sure you're in MM305 as it and only it has the HUD driver software. That's why it "pops up" all of a sudden, what you're seeing the mode transition from 304 to 305, 304 is the entry software while 305 is the landing software.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Make sure you're in MM305 as it and only it has the HUD driver software. That's why it "pops up" all of a sudden, what you're seeing the mode transition from 304 to 305, 304 is the entry software while 305 is the landing software.

The GPC transitions automatically to MM305 but still no HUD. Tried aswel inputting MM305 manually but nothing...:shrug:

Attachments

• SSU HUD.jpg
    SSU HUD.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
You probably need to turn the HUD in Orbiter: Ctrl+H.

Thorsten

Reaction score
Make sure you're in MM305 as it and only it has the HUD driver software.

Hm, my understanding of the DPS is that only OPS transitions change the software loaded into memory (which is why they take a long time and so OPS 6 software needs to be in memory already upon launch), major mode transitions would not make any changes to the software in memory and hence not load any drivers.