OHM Skylab B missions 4 (SL10,11 and Soyuz 7K-T)

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: 4th rock

This add-on depicts the SL10 and SL11 missions to the Skylab B space station.

SL10 uses AAPO for the Apollo CSM (AS-516) and uses UCGO in order to take two cargo tanks to Skylab B. These are retrievable by EVA, and can then be attached to Skylab B.

SL10b is an unmanned Apollo Cargo module, using the ATM B "descent" stage as a tug.

A reconfigured Soyuz 7K-T is included, using attachments for better spacecraft handling and docking. It sould launch and dock to Skylab B during the SL10 mission.

The SL11 AMSO CSM has been configured as Apollo 9 (AS-504) in order to allow for EVA. It will also de-orbit Skylab B.

Required:

• Skylab B
  • Skylab B missions (SL5 & SL6) and AMU v2
  • Skylab B missions 2 (SL7 and ATM B) 
  • Skylab B missions 3 (SL8 and SL9) 
  • AMSO
  • Apollo Application Project: Alpha Rc #2
  • 1B Milkstand for NASSP 6.4.2 is required for the Saturn 1B pad
  • UCGO for the SL8 cargo mission
  • For the Soyuz 7K-T you will require the Soyuz 7K and Soyuz FG (U) addons

DOWNLOAD

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I've been enjoying the addons 4th Rock even when they taunt me with my own spacecraft's lack of completion.
I need to finish the LM and CSM before I can start playing with the alternate history stuff.

*Gazes at OWS.blend wistfully* :coffee:

Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Well, you already have OWS mesh... even if it is my own alternate history version :hmm:
Just use it if you wish, code some systems into it, add UCGO+UMMU, some night lights and be happy !

Of course, by all means do your own meshes, but there's nothing wrong in using what's available. I'm using an "old" milkstand mesh... no problem there and saved me lot's of time.

Expect a full package containing all the Skylab B addons some time in the future. For newcomers it's tedious to download and install 5 different addons!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm digging the Skylab-B, nice to dream up some "what-ifs" every now and again.

I am concerned about the amount of clearance the docking ships have with the port and starboard (starb'rd) docking ports, the ships seem to come perilously close to the solar array. Still, pretty awesome.

You've also got my creative mind thinking of making a wet-workshop using my Energia-M as the core. Sort of a late Soviet response to Skylab and would look more like one of the earlier (rejected) orbital workshop submissions (without the ATM of course).

earlyskylab1.gif

Enjoying what you guys are up to, please keep up the good work!

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Well, I used artistic licence and merged two proposals, one with those solar panels, another with the extra docking ports. It's a tight fit, but that only makes is more interesting. You get to do some actual flying :thumbup:

It was proposed that Salyut could dock with Skylab, so that would be interesting. I wonder how the stations would maneuver to accomplish that!

Perhaps you can start from there and get some ideas. Perhaps the ATM B could dock to a Soviet station... All you need is an APAS docking port.

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Well, you already have OWS mesh... even if it is my own alternate history version :hmm:
Just use it if you wish, code some systems into it, add UCGO+UMMU, some night lights and be happy !

Of course, by all means do your own meshes, but there's nothing wrong in using what's available. I'm using an "old" milkstand mesh... no problem there and saved me lot's of time.

Expect a full package containing all the Skylab B addons some time in the future. For newcomers it's tedious to download and install 5 different addons!

OWS.blend is my undamaged Skylab model. I also have a wet workshop based on my S-IVb mesh but I can't start coding them in good conscious until I finish the base LM and CSM, likewise for all the alternate service module for the CSM

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Perhaps you can start from there and get some ideas. Perhaps the ATM B could dock to a Soviet station... All you need is an APAS docking port.

Something resembling the docking adapter from ASTP? Mmmm. I need time, lotsa time.

barrygolden

Reaction score
To see Skylab B fly is a dream come true. Takes me back to younger days. Even though not much TV coverage of NASA back then. Along the lines of AMSO, STS payloads and Sunnyvaile STS, 4th rock gave us multiple missions with great detal and having the O2 bleed off and pad lights really brings this addon to life. Great Job my friend

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Thanks all for the nice feedback!

Something resembling the docking adapter from ASTP? Mmmm. I need time, lotsa time.

Nope, just put a regular APAS-89 / APAS-95 port on your station.
It's related to Buran and the early MIR era, so it wouldn't be out of place.
I've use those for the ATM B and Apollo Resupply Module, as part of the International Skylab.