Shuttle A

penlu

Reaction score
It seems to me like the Shuttle A is really being neglected. I'd think it was a pretty cool craft, so why is it that I don't see as many add-ons for the Shuttle A? I know there are some, but... Anyhow, my question is: how the heck do you attach payloads to an un-payloaded Shuttle? Or is that not possible?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think it is, you just need a vessel with attachment points.

You should try to find the Shuttle-A2 while you're at it. It has some improvements over the Shuttle-A, but a few drawbacks as well.

-----Post Added 4/8/2008 at 10 : 08 : 41-----

Here's a link to the Shuttle-A2:

http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=631

tomek

legal alien
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
It it theoretically possible to "grapple" a payload if it's in orbit and you maneuver yourself so that it's exactly where it's supposed to be with respect to you. I never tried it though. Other than that, your best bet is manually editing the scenario file.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
You can generate scenario code for Shuttle-A and Shuttle A2 with this tool
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2852"]Vessel code generator 1.0[/ame]

chris772

Reaction score
you could just use Universal Cargo Manager (found on OrbitHangar). It will allow for more diverse cargo options, and can be used inside the simulation.

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
is there a way to configure the Universal Cargo Manager so that it only works if an object is close to the craft in question. it takes something out if it what you do a perfect rendevous to a satalite and grapple it using Universal Cargo Manager when you could have jus sat at KSC and grappled it.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
What I would do is add a Universal RMS to the Shuttle A and grab objects with it before arresting them with the UCD. That's really as realistic as needed.

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
I really wish the Shuttle A2 would be updated to include the features it has now, plus the ones that were added to the base Shuttle A after it was released.

As I recall, the A2 was released based on the Orbiter 2003 version of the A, then shortly thereafter, the Orbiter 2005 version of the A came out, and had features the A2 didn't, yet lacked some of the better features that the A2 had...

Native Son

Reaction score
I think Doug should do an XR remake of the Shuttle A. He will then surpass the status of a god.