Problem Scenario editor button does not appear (2010)

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So after a long hiatus, I'm getting back into Orbiter, picking up with my truss system. I'm trying to get everything recompiled with VS2013, and I got it to work with a surprisingly small number of issues, however, I'm stuck on getting the scenario editor pages to appear. Here's the relevant code within my source files:
Code:
//header file
#include "orbitersdk.h"
#include "ScnEditorAPI.h"
#include "resource.h"
#include "DlgCtrl.h"
#include <list>
#include <map>

//.cpp file
HINSTANCE g_hDLL;

DLLCLBK void InitModule (HINSTANCE hModule)
{
	g_hDLL = hModule;
	oapiRegisterCustomControls (hModule);
}
DLLCLBK void ExitModule (HINSTANCE hModule)
{
	oapiUnregisterCustomControls(hModule);
}

DLLCLBK void secInit (HWND hEditor, OBJHANDLE hVessel)
{
	EditorPageSpec eps1 = {"Vessel Management", g_hDLL, IDD_DIALOG1, EdPg1Proc};
	SendMessage (hEditor, WM_SCNEDITOR, SE_ADDPAGEBUTTON, (LPARAM)&eps1);
	oapiWriteLog("ScnEditor");
//EdPg1Proc is indeed defined just above this method.
}
It's obviously not the full code. I've debugged into this, and secInit never seems to be hit. I think I have all the libraries defined in my project properties. So what else could I be missing? Keep in mind, this is still for 2010, I want to get it working in-full for 2010 before I move on to 2016 and introduce yet more variables to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So after a long hiatus, I'm getting back into Orbiter, picking up with my truss system. I'm trying to get everything recompiled with VS2013, and I got it to work with a surprisingly small number of issues, however, I'm stuck on getting the scenario editor pages to appear. Here's the relevant code within my source files:
<snip>
It's obviously not the full code. I've debugged into this, and secInit never seems to be hit. I think I have all the libraries defined in my project properties. So what else could I be missing? Keep in mind, this is still for 2010, I want to get it working in-full for 2010 before I move on to 2016 and introduce yet more variables to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Did you set the line "EditorModule = <name_of_DLL_without_extension>" in the vessel's configuration file?