Bug Ravenstar bugs

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been using this unbelievably beautiful craft lately but have noticed a few bugs.

1) When flying from Overton to the Cape today, just west of the Mexican coast the paint job vanished and the craft turned white. See attached photo.

2) I get random CTD's when I switch from the lower panel to the main panel. It doesn't happen every time, maybe one out of 15 times.

My system specs are as follows:
Intel Celeron Dual Core 2.68 MHz
3.00 GB DDR2 Ram
Nvidia GeForce 8500GT
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster2220wm 22" widescreen.
Win XP SP3

Orbiter mods running:
IMFD 5.1
OrbiterSound 3.5
Scenario Editor
TransX
UMMUFA

Part of me thinks it has to do with FPS spiking causing the CTD's.

Anyone else encounter these issues?

Thanks,
:cheers:

Attachments

• Ravenstargonewhite.jpg
    Ravenstargonewhite.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 39

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Those are not issues with the Ravenstar, but with your lack of installed DLLs.
If you search for those two errors you will find ample threads detailing which DLLs you are missing.

Happy Orbiting

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have installed and operating all the required .dll's stated in the XR Flight Operations Manual including Ummu which I omitted in the original post (sorry).

I have tried searching but cannot find the correct search words, anyone have any suggestions?

Fizyk

Reaction score
Website
ebvalaim.net
2) I get random CTD's when I switch from the lower panel to the main panel. It doesn't happen every time, maybe one out of 15 times.
I confirm this, except I started getting CTDs every time I switched panels since I installed the Overton Island. The XR2 worked flawlessly before that, so it may be some kind of conflict with Overton.

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I confirm this, except I started getting CTDs every time I switched panels since I installed the Overton Island. The XR2 worked flawlessly before that, so it may be some kind of conflict with Overton.

I think that is good evidence that it has to do with our computer resources spiking. Maybe the trees texture is to big 1024x1024 which is the size of all the textures I used but maybe it's because there are to many trees.

Is there evidence for this type of issue?

Sky Captain

Reaction score
I have also experienced few random CTD`s when flying XR2 from Overton island and switching between control panels.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
You need to have the MSVC runtime DLLs installed.
Just to be sure, drop MSVCP70.DLL, MSVCR70.DLL, MSVCP80.DLL and MSVCR80.DLL into the orbiter directory.

This however is unrelated to any issues you might experience with Overton Island.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I had same case of CTD while trying Overton to WIN scenario. It have Align and Map MFDs opened by default. Closing Align MFD and opening Surface MFD instead seems to solved this problem somehow, although I don't exactly understand how.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think that Align Planes MFD is known to have CTD issues. Not exactly sure what exactly causes them, though.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Common case of relatively rare CTD caused by Align Planes MFD is one thing, and 100% CTD while switching from lower to middle panels of Ravenstar at Overton island when Align Plane MFD is opened is something different, I think.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

OK, in my case the problem was an incorrect scenario file. ISS was selected as target of Align Plane MFD while there is no ISS in SHIPS list of scenario. I wonder why there was no immediate CTD right after the Orbiter started.

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nothing in Overton Island should cause a CTD unless it has something to do with the aforementioned FPS/computer resource spike due to my unnecessarily large texure files. It's just .cfg files. meshes and texture files. I don't see how any of that could cause a otherwise. Wish I could change the title of this thread though. :embarrassed:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Common case of relatively rare CTD caused by Align Planes MFD is one thing, and 100% CTD while switching from lower to middle panels of Ravenstar at Overton island when Align Plane MFD is opened is something different, I think.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

OK, in my case the problem was an incorrect scenario file. ISS was selected as target of Align Plane MFD while there is no ISS in SHIPS list of scenario. I wonder why there was no immediate CTD right after the Orbiter started.

Me too. So it's an issue with .scn file.