Idea Other platform options for orbiter

atuhalpa

Orbinaut
Reaction score
In my opinion consoles are inferior gaming systems that NO ONE should own. Console games are garbage that is dumbed down for the great unwashed. It is entirely inappropriate to port a simulation as great as Orbiter over to a console of any sort, even if it were possible. Consoles are just a marketing gimmick to reach those that can't or won't afford or appreciate PC games. Consoles are the McDonalds of the gaming world.:rofl: PC's are the gourmet meals.:cheers:

I know this post is worded somewhat strong, but I have abhored consoles for quite a few years now, and this is the first time I have got to rant about them. Please forgive me if I have bruised anyones feelings.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, consoles used to be cool for a reason: they had nothing of the nonsense of PCs (compatibility issues for instance) and the media was reliable. Snap the cart in, power on, game's ready. No loading screens. But XBox & Co. changed the equation a lot.
I like console games, especially the Zelda and Mario series, playing SM64 on the Nintendo 64 console was what games should be all about: turn thing on, play, switch off. Now we've got disk access times, loading screens, overheat problems and bugs and updates over teh interweb.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Modern consoles aren't.
Just consider this: There is a clearly defined system config. Same everywhere.

Why do the damn games skip and slow down then?