Gaming New Mercury simulator now available for pre-order (free demo)

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just want to clarify for everyone that Mulbin is a notorious shipbuilder on the KSP forum. He has built many detailed replicas of historical spacecraft using stock parts, including exhaustive flight manuals that you could use to fly them. I've had many hours of enjoyment from these vessels. I have no doubt that GFL: Mercury will be fantastic.

Mulbin

Reaction score
I'm not sure steam prohibits offline play. It was perfectly fine for me to play X-Com while my internet line was off.

A game distributed on Steam can be made to be played off-line, not use Steam DRM mechanisms, i.e. can be completely the same as distributed outside of Steam and not require the Steam client running in background, if that's what the publisher of the game decides. (example: Kerbal Space Program)

Steam client running and on-line connection are required only for downloading such game and nothing more (well, optionally for downloading updates, if they are released).

If I understood the concern from Keatah it's more to do with having a hard copy without relying on a steam account for re-installing. I may use KSP's method and also have a way to buy and download the installer to be stored/burned by the user.

Just want to clarify for everyone that Mulbin is a notorious shipbuilder on the KSP forum. He has built many detailed replicas of historical spacecraft using stock parts, including exhaustive flight manuals that you could use to fly them. I've had many hours of enjoyment from these vessels. I have no doubt that GFL: Mercury will be fantastic.

Wow, Munbug... those were the days when I still had free time ;) I hardly allow myself any KSP or Orbiter time these days... I can't risk getting hooked and delaying my own game!