NASSP WIP Scenarios: Where to go after Apollo 11?

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hello, Just splashed down, completing the Apollo 11 mission. And now I'm hooked. I would like to try another mission, preferably one of the Apollo 12 -17 flights (I've completed Apollo 8 and 11, and wrestled with 9).

I'm using NASSP v1702. The Apollo WIP Scenario files show the Apollo 12-17 flights. What can I expect if I start with one of these "mostly functional" scenarios?

Also, the Apollo 17 scenario appears to be handled differently, under the WIP scenarios it has it's own Apollo-Mission Scenarios-Apollo 17 listing. Is that scenario less of a WIP? Would that be a good mission to use?

Or should I just stay with the Apollo 7-11 scenarios that have had the bugs worked out?

Thanks

MrFickles

Reaction score
It's definitely possible to do any of the Apollo missions from 7-17. Apollo 12 onwards has no documentation provided, but you can definitely find things like flight plans and checklists online. A good place to start finding mission documentation is the Apollo Flight Journal or the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal. Apollo 15 has one of the most complete set of mission documentation available here, so it could be a good mission to attempt.

Apollo12-17 do not have MCC support available for burn calculations and uplinks, you'll need to use the RTCC MFD to calculate maneuvers and get uplinks.