MrBatman, back from the dead

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Greetings! A lot of you old-timers already know me, but I can't figure out how to log into my old account here and I'm figuring it's been purged. I was formerly known as MrBatman (at least... I think I was, lol!). Yes, the same guy who was responsible for a lot of the add-ons a couple of years back.

Been a while since I've been here; my current computer can't handle Orbiter, alas. So not being able to use Orbiter, I kind of lost interest in hanging around the forums. So I was just stopping by to see if there was anything new here, in anticipation of perhaps getting a new platform soon.

Anyway, hello to all. :)

Zachstar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibiblio.org
I remember you and the old times!

What kind of computer do you have? And old K6 could play Orbiter so what? A 486?

I hope you do get back into Addon development Orbiter 09 seems to have many possibilities for such.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hello and welcome. :welcome:

I assume your account was on the old forum here? We out grew that forum so we're now on this newer forum which unfortunately meant we couldn't transfer user accounts and posts over.

You can find the latest Orbiter BETA information from the BETA projects page. There's been a lot of new and exciting stuff released in the past few years, so you may also check out the Recommended Addons page for popular stuff when you're able to play again.

Welcome again!

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey Zachstar, I remember you too.

Funny, I was out at Edwards AFB last weekend and that's when I started thinking about Orbiter again. Recalling all the work I did on the Edwards add-on, and all the flight testing of other people's add-ons I did there.

I've got a Pentium lappy, and for some reason it just won't run Orbiter well, I get like 3 frames a second at best sometimes. I get a new system here soon I'll be sure to check out the 09 beta.

Zachstar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibiblio.org
Hey Zachstar, I remember you too.

Funny, I was out at Edwards AFB last weekend and that's when I started thinking about Orbiter again. Recalling all the work I did on the Edwards add-on, and all the flight testing of other people's add-ons I did there.

I've got a Pentium lappy, and for some reason it just won't run Orbiter well, I get like 3 frames a second at best sometimes. I get a new system here soon I'll be sure to check out the 09 beta.

What happened to your old build?

And what do you plan on getting? (Core, GPU)

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Welcome back old friend.

Yes, many changes and many changes coming.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What happened to your old build?
CPU fried one day. Haven't given any thought yet to a new platform, although I am rather partial to the freedom of lappys.

Oooh lookie, I got a rank next to my name! :thumbup:

And hey Donamy :tiphat:

Last edited:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well my company would be buying it. Not sure what their budget is (though the last lappy I got was well over $1500...).

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm sure you were only mostly dead, there's a big difference. I'll bet you were cured by Miracle Max. "Have fun storming the castle."

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Or, Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You fried my CPU. Prepare to die...

Oh, and welcome back!

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well it only took him 10 months, but my employer finally broke down and got me a new lappy. And now I see there's a new Orbiter too! Oh joy, time to learn everything all over again.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
You were much before my time, but that doesn't mean 'nutin! Fireballs619 here, very well met.

:welcome: back!

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Good to have you again :)