MCC-2 Apollo 8

Sverige

Reaction score
I do apollo 8 and everything is fine. I have done MCC-1, only a small correction. I received from MCC an update / uplink and a complete P30 so it was easy to do. Now I have received a message about MCC-2 "click Pro or click Fail to bypass if scrubed". My question is, how do I know the maneuver is scrubbed? I have not received any update / uplink or a pre-filled P30. What do I expect to do?

/Mikael

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe the Checklist MFD and MCC haven't been made completely compatible in their timing there, but the MCC will give you an update about MCC-2 at TLI cutoff plus 24 hours. That's when you will know if MCC-2 is necessary. It's highly unlikely though if you did MCC-1.

MrFickles

Reaction score
There would be a message from mission control saying that MCC-2 has been scrubbed, and it would prompt you to enable uplink for a MCC SV update.

If you have missed the message (perhaps you went away for a bit), hitting 'tab' then '6' would list the last 5 messages from MCC at the top, including a possible "MCC-x has been scrubbed". If all you're seeing is "CSM:Ready for uplink?" constantly showing up without any PADs, then it's safe to assume that the upcoming MCC was scrubbed.

Another way to deduce that the MCC has indeed been scrubbed is to check whether option 2 "Ready for uplink" on the MCC 'tab' menu is there. If it is indeed there, hit '5' "Hide/Show PAD" and check whether the last PAD is a P30 burn PAD. If it isn't, then the upcoming MCC has most likely been scrubbed.

Last edited:

Sverige

Reaction score
I must have missed the scrubbed message for MCC-2. I now received a scrubbed message for MCC-3 and update for MCC-4 including P30. It is important to write off PAD as they disappear afterwards. Thanks!

/Mikael

MrFickles

Reaction score
I use a 21st century solution. Taking a picture of it with my phone.