LM AGS Initialization (DECA to "GET" Time)

Sloppyphan

Reaction score
Hello All,

I know this isn't probably the right phrasing due to of my lack of understanding.

Basically I have gone through the LM AGS Ops manual regarding the startup of AGS/Deca and I am not following the whole time conversion and computer entry process to load the correct time into the LM AGS from the CSM AGS.

Is there any better explanations out there regarding this? Something a little more novice friendly? Thanks.

I'd even send you Toilet paper for step by step instructions . .. Too soon?

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello All,

I know this isn't probably the right phrasing due to of my lack of understanding.

Basically I have gone through the LM AGS Ops manual regarding the startup of AGS/Deca and I am not following the whole time conversion and computer entry process to load the correct time into the LM AGS from the CSM AGS.

Is there any better explanations out there regarding this? Something a little more novice friendly? Thanks.

I'd even send you Toilet paper for step by step instructions . .. Too soon?

You 1st want to find the bias, since the AGS is started many hours into the mission, the starting point is biased. Usually this is the previous 10 hour mark from power-up, so if you start it at 95:00:00 then you will use 90 hour bias, if you start it at 102:00:00, then 100 hour bias. You enter the time in the AGS as minutes, so say the mission time is 102:30:00 then using a 100 bias, you will enter 2h30 like this: 377+0150.0 (150 minutes) and then push enter at exactly 102:30:00. When you initialize the AGS with V47 on the DSKY, use the same bias. Hope that helps!

Last edited: