Problem launch problem with Atlas A, B and C in old atlas series 2016

starshine

Reaction score
When I press P to launch the Atlas A, B, Or C the oxygen vent stops but the rockets do not launch. Can you tell me what I did wrong. Was it the install order of addons?

Starshine

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Do you have installed the required add-ons listed at here?

starshine

Reaction score
Yes,I did get the one from the mirror at orbit hangar. I found out that when I launch atlas f it goes into tailspin or hardover when launched.

starshine

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
The ICBMs (A-E) do not have a launch autopilot, since they are intended to be flown on ballistic suborbital flights and not into orbit. The only scenario in that section that has an autopilot is the mission for Atlas B (Project SCORE) which was an orbital flight.

starshine

Reaction score
The ICBMs (A-E) do not have a launch autopilot, since they are intended to be flown on ballistic suborbital flights and not into orbit. The only scenario in that section that has an autopilot is the mission for Atlas B (Project SCORE) which was an orbital flight

Thank you for your help in telling me that! How can we launch it without the auto pilot? Is it control + or something else?

I appreciate anything you can tell me, I am sort of new at operating this sim.

Starshine

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Yeah you would just go full throttle with + and control and practice manually flying downrange. The pad azimuth is fine for just flying a simple pitch over trajectory with no roll, ballistic flights were targeted to come down in the Indian Ocean, apogee would be around 900 km. The Atlas A won't get you that far, it was just a test of the booster engines and had no sustainer engine and staging capability, so it doesn't go as far as the later models.

starshine

Reaction score
Thank you for your response, I had one more question, Can launch MFD be used on ballistic flights with the atlas a, b, and c?

Starshine

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
That I’m actually not sure about, I’m pretty sure its autopilot is optimized more for orbital launches than for ballistic flights, I’ll look into it later after I sleep. It would be cool if someone made an MFD specifically for suborbital flights, something that would give you guidance and would get you to your desired target at the desired entry angle.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Yeah Launch MFD is really only good for launching into orbit, I actually couldn't get it to work for me because it kept crashing Orbiter, so your best bet as far as I'm aware is to fly the ballistic flights manually.