Hi from Cowtown

nadreck

Salsero y Space Cadet
Reaction score
Hi folks, you can see me at one of my other hobbies in my avatar. I like hiking, scrambling, skiing too. I was researching my radio show (I do a column on technology on CBC North, a 10 minute a week thing that is fun but not something I will get rich from) about last Friday's launch of the Falcon 9 booster and the mock up Dragon spacecraft and I was looking for a very minor bit of background information: the amount of delta-v for the full blown Dragon. It wasn't on the company website and I really had to hunt around, and when I found it, I also found the model of it for Orbiter. As well Orbiter 2010 had just been released that day!

You can't keep a good geek from sticking his nose in something he is interested in! I had actually taken a quick look at Orbiter 2006 when it came out but didn't have time to get into, just mentioned on my radio show back then.

I downloaded it, spend 10 hours tuesday night from 6pm to 4am learning it (that was just barely scratching the surface). I have downloaded a few other accessories for it since. It has some amazing capabilities and an amazing degree of realism, when I saw that it let you to pick from 3 different models for how the outer edges of the atmosphere of a planet interacts with a spacecraft in orbit I know this was the toy for me!

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum !

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm happy to see there is another dancer on the site. My wife won't salsa or ballroom with me, but doesn't mind a lot of teenage girls clogging with me (not country low impact stuff, but high-energy)...
And before any of the guys start to ridicule guys who dance, has anyone noticed how smokin' hot most girl dance instructors are?

Voyager

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum nadreck! Hope you have a nice time. When I first started orbiter, I flew the shuttle, and crashed it so many times, till I knew what the orbit mfd was for.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Nothing wrong with dancing. One of this days I will get onto the dance floor with Krys as I have promised her although my dance style looks more like this :jj:

You MIGHT enjoy orbiters very own radio station orbiter radio -> http://orbiterradio.thruhere.net/

Oh and :welcome: