Hello from New Zealand

zyates87

Reaction score
Hello all,
Although I've been a member since late 2013 I've not actually posted yet! Hopefully this gets past the spam filters.

My name's Zac, I work for the Ministry of Justice in New Zealand and I'm 29. I've been an aviation enthusiast for all my life, and have been interested in spaceflight since seeing Apollo 13 on VHS as a kid. I remember my sister and I putting our chairs on the floor and pretending we were flying the CM!

I'm getting into Orbiter purely for entertainment and to experience something close to spaceflight. I've played MS Flight Simulator for years and have finally decided to move seriously into Orbiter (2010 for the addons, 2016 for Shuttle and DG).

I'm also a plastic and paper modeller, with a Tiangong-Shenzhou on the bench and an Airfix 1/144 Saturn V coming up. Paper-wise I've done 1/48 Mercury-Redstone and Gemini-Titan stacks.

I'm really interested in recreating the early American flights from Mercury up to STS-1, as well as modern Soyuz missions (something about the Soyuz really appeals) and hopefully some SpaceX stuff. I also enjoy watching launches online - I remember watching Chang'e 3's lunar landing while everyone else at work got on with their own thing!

Thanks for reading and I hope to get to know everyone and learn.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Welcome !! There are addons for Orbiter that should interest you.

zyates87

Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Donamy - I've built up a considerable virtual fleet over the past fortnight! Unfortunately about half of them are either invisible in-game or cause the game to crash back to desktop. I'm hopeful the forums will help me find out why.