DragonFly

SpaceCowboy

Reaction score
I was just curious on how to fly the DragonFly spacecraft. I can pitch, yaw, and roll, but I have yet to figure out how to translate. I know this is probably a dumb questions, but if someone could answer it, I'd be grateful.

Reaction score
Press the "/" button on your numberpad in order to get into translation mode, as I don't think the dragonfly has main engines. But I forget.

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, you have to switch to linear mode and press numpad 6 and 9 for forward and backward.

SpaceCowboy

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks, I'd tried that and it worked!

I was also wondering.....is there any way I can turn on the modules lights when I'm trying to dock it with the Dragonfly? It's just so dark that I can hardly see it.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Turning the lights on will hardly do anything.
Orbiter only supports one light source and that is the sun. If you need to see in the dark, you will have to increase the ambient light level.

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
You could alway press Ctrl+Alt+R and manual write target,hud must be set on dock.
Press H until you got dock hud.
On MFD set dock and press VIS...
Than you could dock and at night...:p

Last edited:

SpaceCowboy

Reaction score
Thanks.....one more question. When I first downloaded Orbiter, the sky was filled with stars, and somewhere along the way, they all disappeared, so now I orbit in a sky with only the planets and sun. I tried to go back and change it, but it never works. Any suggestions?

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This is probably caused by the OAVE addon install, but it's an optional feature :)

SpaceCowboy

Reaction score
So I do need to re-install?

haha....that brings up another problem I've had. I tried to add the Apollo 7 scenerio, but it didnt work right. Any suggestions?

SpaceCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, who knows. I'll re-downlaod orbiter, and then once I do that, could someone on here give me instructions on how to add Apollo flights?

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Always backup everything you download, since it's possible to get a clean install without having to download everything again :p

To get Apollo flights, download either AMSO or NASSP. Keep in mind that Apollo missions aren't for newbies (like me ;)).
:cheers:

EDIT:
To install, just extract the package to Orbiter's root directory.

SpaceCowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. So how long have you used Orbiter MeDICS?

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Three weeks now, and still tryin' to dock with ISS :lol:

SpaceCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been using it for a while, but not regularly. I havent docked with the ISS yet either.