Atlantis Cockpit controls missing!

ztschutt

Reaction score
I just got Orbiter 2 days ago and the cockpit in the Atlantis Space Shuttle is missing all of it's buttons and lights. Does anybody know how to fix this? :huh:

Jarvitä

Reaction score
I just got Orbiter 2 days ago and the cockpit in the Atlantis Space Shuttle is missing all of it's buttons and lights. Does anybody know how to fix this? :huh:

The default Atlantis doesn't have any working instruments in virtual cockpits (generic MFDs still work though). Try space shuttle ultra for a more accurate STS systems simulation. Or, judging from the fact that you got orbiter 2 days ago, try some of the less realistic and easier to fly vessels first and get acquainted with the principles of orbital physics and space flight before attempting a realistic spaceship.

Deke

The Original AstroNut!
Reaction score

See this is why this place is failing......

Xantcha

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In defalt atlantis only switches of one panel work - that which deals with bay doors opening. Everything else is pure cosmetics.
It is also impossible to simulate reentries with default atlatis using realistic data, but it is still nice for quick launches :)

Thats if I understand what you mean by "missing" right. If they are literally missing (i.e. some graphics glitch) then I'm afraid, I can't really help :-/

2 Deke: what do you mean?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think he means, that newbies have no idea what to expect, with Orbiter and are totally lost.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I think he means, that newbies have no idea what to expect, with Orbiter and are totally lost.

Sounds like me the day I got Orbiter back in 2003.
"..How do you get to the moon, point at it and go that way?.."
Strangely enough the moon was just about to rise, so I actually got to the moon with a few corrections in course.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Sounds like me the day I got Orbiter back in 2003.
"..How do you get to the moon, point at it and go that way?..".

Sure, but be sure to turn off limited fuel. Oh, and if you want to soft-land, turn around and burn in reverse once you're half-way there.

Works with any planetary body. Using an empty NLSSTO (that pulls 18 g's), you can land on the moon in an hour, on Mars in a day.