Apollo 11: Preparing for Lunar Liftoff-PAMFD Checklist Question-P52 vs P57?

Wedge313

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Running through the Apollo 11 PAMFD LM Surface Checklist to get ready for liftoff, and following along with the actual Surface checklist. Somehow at about 123:10 the PAMFD checklist kicks me into running a P52, pretty sure we want P57 here (SUR-55)? Did I mash a wrong button somewhere or is that a PAMFD glitch? (I'm using NASSP v.2062)

Last edited:

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Was this from a fresh launch or a pre saved scenario? The pre saved ones the checklists can start in weird places a edits are made/pushed.

If not, it sounds like you may have skipped something or accidently pushed it to the wrong location. I am happy to take a look/get it back on schedule.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Was this from a fresh launch or a pre saved scenario?
Fresh launch.

I went back to a save at 121+58 to follow along a little more closely. I'm on the bottom of SUR-48 waiting for the CSM SV uplink. The PAMFD checklist is following the actual SUR checklist at this point. But after the AGS UPDATE on the top of SUR-49, the PAMFD checklist for some reason kicks me into the Rendezvous procedures instead of picking up with the steps at TIG -2:20 (on the PAMFD labeled "Lunar Liftoff")

Sadly (embarrassingly) I pressed on with the PAMFD until it called for a P52. That's when it finally dawned on me I was looking at the incorrect procedures. (So much for "following along with the SUR checklist":oops:)

Here's a save at 121+58 if you want to look at it.

I know I don't need the PAMFD checklist but it's nice to have, makes life easy, so I manually selected the Lunar Liftoff part and I'm pressing on.

But I'm curious what I may have done to get the PAMFD out of sequence.

Thanks

Attachments

• 121+58 LM Ascent Prep (SUR-49).zip
    69.2 KB · Views: 78

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did you by chance update NASSP at all during this flight? Sometimes when checklist updates are pushed, they change the "state" and this sort of thing happens.
I am getting the same behavior here in your scn so it wasn't your fault. Seems as the save thinks its in a different spot when finishing the surface checklist.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Did you by chance update NASSP at all during this flight?
No, I didn't install any updates.

My laptop seems to create some issues now and then, for instance at some point during my last simulation (Apollo 13) Orbiter started crashing if I tried to open a saved scenario without first completely exiting and restarting Orbiter. And again here with Apollo 11, it was working normally and then at some point decided to crash unless I exited/restarted. Some unexplainable free-range electron behavior that I'm not meant to understand. But not a big deal, all seems to be working fine otherwise and I'm looking forward to liftoff and rendezvous.

One question: When I landed my pitch was zero. After doing the first P57 (using the existing REFSMMAT, 1 CB and gravity) the FDAI pitch is at about +10 degrees nose up. Is this due to the fact that he moon has rotated since the landing (when I believe this existing REFSMMAT was set for), or do I have some other thing going on?

Thanks.

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, I didn't install any updates.

My laptop seems to create some issues now and then, for instance at some point during my last simulation (Apollo 13) Orbiter started crashing if I tried to open a saved scenario without first completely exiting and restarting Orbiter. And again here with Apollo 11, it was working normally and then at some point decided to crash unless I exited/restarted. Some unexplainable free-range electron behavior that I'm not meant to understand. But not a big deal, all seems to be working fine otherwise and I'm looking forward to liftoff and rendezvous.
The way the scenario loads/saves the checklist has always been an annoying enigma. So its hard to diagnose why that went ahead without an update or editing the scenario (unless you accidently started a rendezvous checklist in the past then went back to flight plan or something.
One question: When I landed my pitch was zero. After doing the first P57 (using the existing REFSMMAT, 1 CB and gravity) the FDAI pitch is at about +10 degrees nose up. Is this due to the fact that he moon has rotated since the landing (when I believe this existing REFSMMAT was set for), or do I have some other thing going on?

First P57 after landing or before liftoff? The rotation of the moon is the culprit, and this will be even more pronounced if you have your landing REFSMMAT still in and its close to liftoff time.