Question 2nd burn using target-plane intercept (earth to mars)

Smasher77th

Reaction score
I'm having some problem with the IMFD 5.1 target plane intercept burn. I've been able to do the off-plane, and it's later correction burn just as in the IMFD 4.2.1 scenario, from earth to mars, and I'm trying to repeat the journey using the target plane intercept. I have no problem with the orbit-eject burn (which brings me to a 'by-the-way' question: where did the 'prograde' option go? I can only see the off axis and realtime). Now after the orbit eject, which I do with an off axis burn, this is where I get lost. what do I do to initiate the second burn?

thanks for your help anyone

EtherDragon

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you come to plane intercept, you should be able to go back to your Course Program. One of the options on the right column (beneath Real-Time) will be "Prep Plane Change"

Highlite that and click + to select it, IMFD will setup the plane change burn for you and then you can use it's AP to handle it.

Smasher77th

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll try that when I get off work.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 03:48 PM ----------

Sorry to bother again, but that second burn, should I do it in real time or off-axis?

Secondly, how do I determine what to enter for long. and lat. in the offset window?

Thanks