Howdy

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm a new member. Drifted over here from KSP and I'm loving Orbiter. I'm an engineer working on fusion research. Never been a space nut before, but I'm slowly becoming one (and making my family and friends crazy.) Good to be here.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Bloomimg space-and-rocket junkies are always welcome!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm a new member. Drifted over here from KSP and I'm loving Orbiter. I'm an engineer working on fusion research. Never been a space nut before, but I'm slowly becoming one (and making my family and friends crazy.) Good to be here.

Cool! Fusion research sounds like a really exciting field to be in. Planning on any Helium-3 prospecting on the moon? (in Orbiter, I mean)

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
It's always great to have new enthusiasts coming into the hobby/interest/passion. Welcome to the forum!

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome! :hello:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome ! Yes, fusion research applied to spacecraft propulsion is a topic you'll find people to discuss with over there ! :cheers:

BTW, interesting to see people coming from KSP to Orbiter. :)

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I just got a new joystick in the mail yesterday and was having a blast flying the DG around last night. I've spend about 150 hours with KSP, and have found that what I like is not so much the rocket building, but the space vessel flying: hence Orbiter. And KSP actually does function really well as a kind of tutorial for orbital mechanics. I think, for instance, I would be totally lost if I was trying to interpret the Orbit MFD without having a good idea what I should see from KSP.

Regarding fusion: I confess that I am merely support staff here. The scientists, I'm sure, could tell you a bunch about the state of the science. Me, I could explain how our laser timing system works or the control system for a probe diagnostic, but the big picture, not so much.