OHM DarkEnergy Spaceplane

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
A little bug I was reminded of testing the eagle
HUD visible through walls in external view
0439a.jpg
Do you know of a solution for this?

Edit: On further testing it seems to be a graphics resource issue and not a bug. it only happens with the Darkenergy spaceplane, and with 8 S1999 eagles in one .scn (single eagle is ok)
I guess your addon is a little resource hungry;)
But with such an exceptional addon that's understandable, a very comprehensive well made mod. Look forward to trying the lander soon:)

Last edited:

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
A little bug I was reminded of testing the eagle
HUD visible through walls in external view
View attachment 37814
Do you know of a solution for this?

Edit: On further testing it seems to be a graphics resource issue and not a bug. it only happens with the Darkenergy spaceplane, and with 8 S1999 eagles in one .scn (single eagle is ok)
I guess your addon is a little resource hungry;)
But with such an exceptional addon that's understandable, a very comprehensive well made mod. Look forward to trying the lander soon:)

It's a bug because of the way I made the HUD meshes.
I think I know a fix, I don't know when I'll be able to get around to it, IRL stuff has kinda taken over my Orbiter addon dev time sadly

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
It's a bug because of the way I made the HUD meshes
Oh, that's interesting please tell. I just had this same problem with the Thunder Fighter (and that's defineately not a too big msh, features problem), any help appreciated.
IRL stuff has kinda taken over my Orbiter addon dev time sadly
Can sorrowfuly sing a similar sad song, your Orbiter projects are very impressive though, I hope you find clear skies for many future launches :)

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Oh, that's interesting please tell. I just had this same problem with the Thunder Fighter (and that's defineately not a too big msh, features problem), any help appreciated.
I think it's because the mesh that has the HUD group is rendered in external view.
If I move only the HUD displays to a VC rendered only mesh it should solve the issue. Haven't tested it yet though

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
I think it's because the mesh that has the HUD group is rendered in external view.
If I move only the HUD displays to a VC rendered only mesh it should solve the issue. Haven't tested it yet though
Was one of the things I considered, I have a single msh too (didn't see any advantages for my project).
Wierd thing is I've encountered this issue with the Eagle (seperate VC), but only with several vessels in one .scn?
Thanks for the lead, will experiment further