Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hi all,

New XR versions that extend Orbiter 2016's VESSEL4 class have just been released. Changes in these versions are:

• Updated all three XR vessels to derive from VESSEL4 instead of VESSEL3 (requested by ADSWNJ and Enjo).
  • Updated XRVesselCtrl API to version 3.1 since it also now derives from VESSEL4 instead of VESSEL3 and released XRVesselCtrlDemo 3.1, which uses it.
  • Updated zip file packaging scripts to work around zip file compatibility problem with Windows 10 File Explorer: Windows 10 can now natively successfully extract XR distribution zip files using File Explorer.

Note: Unless you are using another add-on with the XRs that requires VESSEL4 functionality, you do not need to update to these new versions. However, if you need them, you can download the new XR versions from my Web site.

Happy Orbiting! :cheers:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Doug - this is great. I tested these versions with RV Orientation's HUD earlier today and we are back in business again!

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Excellent.
Note: Unless you are using another add-on with the XRs that requires VESSEL4 functionality, you do not need to update to these new versions.
Let me make it clearer: The above version is now compatible with the HUD Drawer library, which means that Launch MFD's and RV Orientation's HUDs now work with XR series also in Orbiter 2016.

Last edited: