Bug XR Fleet problem (AF control turning off)

gabesta

Reaction score
First of all, for the development of XR sound as well as the XR fleet, thank you! Awesome additions!

I am having a slight annoyance with the vessels however. In the 3 XR ships, whenever I make a rudder input with my joystick, the AF control switch turns off. I am using Fly-By-Wire to assign the axes. This is happening in Orbiter 2016. Any suggestions on what I can do to remedy this?
Thanks

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I just tested the XR2 using my Saitek X52 Pro, and the rudder, throttle, and axes behave normally, and the rudder input does not affect AF Ctrl mode.

Can you reproduce the problem without using the Fly-By-Wire add-on? If not, then it points to a problem with Fly-By-Wire.

gabesta

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt response. I guess I'm an idiot for not checking that first because that solved it.

Now, follow-up: is there any way that you are aware of to enable the use of multiple joysticks without interfering with these ships? My X-52 stick is not working but I prefer to use the throttle along with my T.1600 stick.

Alternatively, is there a way for the user to re-map the controls for the AF switch to see if that eliminates the interference?

Thanks again.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
XR vessels do not have any code that reads the joysticks, so if a joystick works with the default DeltaGlider, it should work with the XRs the same way since that is handled entirely by the Orbiter core. I have not tested Orbiter with more than one joystick & throttle, though, in any case.