News Who is August's father?

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
Hi people,

just saw the following video on the Youtube Homepage, it jumpstarted from 0 to a full 6.5k views in a few hours.

Some say in the comments, that this might be part of an advertising campaign, some say that it is real. What do you say?

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
She looks familiar, like this girl I met one night in Denmark.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Maybe I'm oldfashioned or even prudish or both or more than just that, but I can't understand how reckless people who do not know each other easily decide to have sex and do not even take care on contraception and accept risks. It's a shame for those kids in my point of view.

Also, I'm surprised how frivolous and easily people these days expose themself and their privacy via internet. It's even dangerous. There are so many psychos out there across the web...

And if it's real or not, people are naive enough to do such things.

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hummm let me get this right... this girl from Denmark meets this guy from somewhere. They have some drinks. They do the "thing" and she can't even remember his name?!?! And now she goes on Youtube to find the father?! Oh.. and the kicker here is she isn't a "BIMBO."

A sad state of affairs for the child. Not that she isn't a good mother, you can tell by the video the child is well taken care of, but that the child will more than likely not have a full time father figure in his life.

Sad... very sad...

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
This has now appeared as a Video Reply, that guy even opened a new YT account for that!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU5XT-64Tbs"]YouTube - I am your father, August[/ame]

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Damn.. wow. Poor kid all I have to say. Horrible, just Horrible.

Well, in regards to the kid, Jose Hernadaz (MS2 STS-128) was a Migrant worker as he was growing up. There's always hope.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, if the YouTube vid is genuine, then I guess it'll help the woman to get more exposure... but other then that, "Why are we even talking about it?" was the smartest thing I've heard in that clip.

Jeez...

All these media fools do lately is go around promoting Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
Yep, I just saw it on YT, a new account was opened AUGUSTDenmark. There the original video was posted once more, but with telling the whole story in the Video Info:

AUGUSTDenmark said:
http://www.tawny-kitaen.com

This is a viral stunt made by Visit Denmark. However, cleverly crafted it has caused a rhetorical battle between journalists and marketing people concerning the right interpretation of the video. Is this way of branding unfair as its based on lying in order to make people aware on Denmark, or is it a success story due to the explosive amount of viewings it has received in a very short time?

A Youtube video purporting to represent a pretty young Danish single mother looking for the foreign father of her son, may have garnered Denmarks national tourist agency VisitDenmark some 800,000 clicks but the story behind the video is a lie.

According to confirmed reports, the national tourist agency VisitDenmark generated the story of a one night stand with a foreign man producing a son, to get more people to visit the home of Shakespeare's 'To be or not to be'.

The video, however, is definitely 'Not to be' the young woman in the video is a Danish actress and the baby is not hers.

I dont understand the advertising agency that has produced this story. What do they think people will think, says Roskilde University Sociologist and Womens Affairs Researcher Karen Sjørup.

Theyre obviously trying to sell a type of promiscuous Danish woman and exploit the idea that you can lure quick, blonde Danish women home without a condom, Sjørup says, adding however that foreigners who come to Denmark with that idea will be very disappointed.

Broad-minded
VisitDenmark disagrees.

Karens story shows that Denmark is a broad-minded country where you can do what you want. The film is a good example of independent, dignified, Danish women who dare to make their own choices, says VisitDenmark CEO Dorte Kiilerich.

Why have you chosen to market Denmark as a country with drunken women who have unsafe sex with casual acquaintances?

That is not a story that I recognise. We tell a good and sweet story about a mature, responsible woman who lives in a free society and shoulders the responsibilty of her actions. And she uses a modern social medium, Kiilerich says.

Ad agency
The Grey advertising agency that produced the video says it is a major success.

It is the most successful viral advert ever. We have got through the media noise and it cost the same as a 30-second spot shown a couple of times on TV2, says Peter Helstrup from Greys.

Since last Thursday, the video has notched up 1.9 million Google searches, 773,000 YouTube viewings and is linked to 83,000 websites.

No reproach
In the video, the young woman, claiming to be called Karen says: I dont reproach you, but I think you should know that (a young boy called) August is here.

Karen, however, is the actress Ditte Arnth Jørgsensen, the baby is not hers, and the viral advert was produced using taxpayers money.

The fabricated story behind the video is that the young woman met a tourist by chance in the Nyhavn area of Copenhagen, introduced him to the Danish concept of hygge or cosiness. The next morning his side of the bed was empty when she woke up, and nine months later the now one-and-a-half-year-old August appeared on the scene.

It's really highly questionable what the message behind that stuff is. In my opinion, a commercial should have a positive message, motivating the viewer to buy the product, or in this case to travel to DK. One comment under the video says this:

SPIDERNICKER said:
im from denmark and im 100% pure dane...our womens arent like you think you missunderstod the video...the video says that denmark is a free country where you can do what you want to do ( there is rules ) and our healt care system is perfect free hospitals schools etc.. ppl without work gets money from state etc. for 25% of your money from work each month we got it fine we are one of the happiest countrys on the world plan. the video is a symbol for how free and good denmark is nothing else...

Well, he says he is 100% dane, that we are too stupid to understand that there are laws in a free country (this is implied by his "there is rules"), that there are free hospitals (wtf? My friend, you surely talk about health insurance paying the doc for you) and that they are the happiest country in the world, because they get all that for just 25% of their monthly money (which we call tax, btw, my danish friend).

I wrote a comment too:

Just look into the Video Info in the Right-Hand bar! The woman is actress Ditte Arnth Jørgsensen, the people who had the idea are from "VisitDenmark".
However, the message of this "commercial" is strange. Are we promised liberal women who will take us home when we visit Denmark?
This: "We tell a good and sweet story about a mature, responsible woman who lives in a free society and shoulders the responsibilty of her actions." We got free societies elsewhere in the world. There is not just DK.
Yes, DK is not the only good country in the world. I claim that I can name at least 10 countries which provide "good life" as it is claimed in the comments.

As we South Park Fans know: The Danish are the European Canadians xD

Rollora said:
It is "Fake" it is an experimental Advertisement for Tourism in Denmark

Experiment failed.