Where do I download OMP?

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I liked OMP at first sight and wanted to download it. BUT, I simply CAN'T find the download file!! I've searched SourceForge, BitBucket, OF, and even their main site!! But to no avail. So..........., can anybody please tell me where to get it? :) :hailprobe:

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
I liked OMP at first sight and wanted to download it. BUT, I simply CAN'T find the download file!! I've searched SourceForge, BitBucket, OF, and even their main site!! But to no avail. So..........., can anybody please tell me where to get it? :) :hailprobe:
You always will find current version on the public OMP news channel
Scroll down to last post - download link is in the first line.

Last edited:

Darth Corleone

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
!OK, I have downloaded the 12 mb face-online-zip (OMP file). I allready have Orbiter with quite a few addons installed. before i attemp to use OMP I need a little help understanding just how to set OMP up.

This is what i want to do with Orbiter and OMP.

I have 2 computers, a Win-7 system and a Win-8.1 system. at this moment i only have Orbiter 2010 i(with other addons) installed and working very well on the Win-7 system. I have not installed any Orbiter programs or addons on my Win-8.1 system.
I'm using a AT&T DSL modem/router with 6 ports. The Win-7 and Win 8.1 systems are connected to this modem/router. I think this modem/router is made by 2-wire.

I'm not at the moment interested in playing with other players over the internet because i'm still a Noob to Orbiter. I just want to have a LAN using the 2 computers connected thru the modem/router.
I also have a Win-Vista system with a Comcast 20-50 MPS connection that i only use for a dedicated server to host some games using Steam like L4D2, Killing Floor and Klingon Academy over the internet. I can connect to this Win-Vista system (a dedicated server computer) with both systems over the internet. So I do have the ability to host MP over the internet with other players worldwide. I just want to do some learning and testing before I get online in a Mp game and get killed.

My questions are:
1. Is ther a OMP setup tutorial somewhere?
2. Do I have to remove or rename the Orbiter 2010 that i have installed now and install a new (vanilla or fresh) install of Orbiter 2010 of what Orbiter version?
3. do i do this on both computers?
4. With a fresh install of Orbiter (2010 i hope) what basic addons (other than OMP) do I install?
Please help. DC

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Here you'll find your infos:
omp.servegame.com/en/index.php

What you have just downloaded (OMP) must be added to a fresh, vanilla, Orbiter install.
No need for deleting your existing Orbiter folder(s). Just create a new dedicated install for OMP.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
My questions are:
1. Is ther a OMP setup tutorial somewhere?

Ren's site is a good place to start, but keep in mind that it is dedicated to that hosting. I.e. it is geared towards the best experience when connecting to Ren's server.

There is no general OMP setup tutorial besides what you can find in the OMP.pdf documentation. Please try that first for a LAN setup.

The procedure in essence is not that hard:

• Start /Server/<OS>/ServerConsole.exe on one machine
  • Start Orbiter on one machine, activate OMPClient, change network setting to use server IP, click connect.
  • Start Orbiter on different machine (or the same), activate OMPClient, change network setting to use different nick and server IP, click connect.
I do that every time I test something, with one client being the standard Orbiter gfx and another being Orbiter_ng with D3D9Client, all on the same machine.

2. Do I have to remove or rename the Orbiter 2010 that i have installed now and install a new (vanilla or fresh) install of Orbiter 2010 of what Orbiter version?

Technically it is not necessary to use a vanilla install of Orbiter, but practically it sure helps to narrow down bugs.

3. do i do this on both computers?

Every computer's client session will be independent.

4. With a fresh install of Orbiter (2010 i hope) what basic addons (other than OMP) do I install?

None. The OMP distribution from the thread mentioned here actually comes with additional content for the ORL setup (racing). But that also is optional. You don't need other addons to make it run.