What I have to do to perform a complete STS mission?

The Aviator

Reaction score
Can anyone help me?
I want to do realistics STS missions to the ISS. I'm using Shuttle Fleet, ISS Fleet and the expansion pack for the Shuttle Fleet, so I have the STS Guidance and Control MFD, GPC MFD... all this stuff. But I don't know exactly when I have to do NC1 burn, NC2, and what parameters I have to insert, without follow guidelines: it's handy if someone tell me "Make NC1 at 4:25 MET!" , but I want to know WHY I have to do this burn at this time! For example: I tried to follow the mission guidelines for STS-120, but I docked to the ISS just a day after the launch, a day before the real docking. The first burn, for Orbit Circularization, put me on a orbit of 220 X 220, then, at MET +4:25:16 I did NC1, wich put me on a orbit of 300 X 330 (The mean orbit of ISS was 350 Km). At MET +22:30:00 I did NC2, for an approach orbit of 320 X 330. Meanwhile, would I had to do (I don't know if it's wrote correct, forgive me please!) the OBSS checkout, but I don't know how to make it, I don't know the positions I have to move the robotic arm to make the checkout! However, with these parameters, I arrived at the station at 22:30 GMT of 24 October, too early. Another thing: why when docked, the OBSS is moved in overnight position? What's the utility of the OBSS when docked at the station? If then we have to use the SRMS, we have to stow another time the OBSS in the Shuttle bay. That's all, for now. Thanks for your help, and good flight!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, have you already downloaded a typical flight plan for the space shuttle as first inspiration? The overview timelines tell you, when which task is done. The flight plans also tell you, in which detail checklist you find which procedure - for example the OBSS checkout.

The Aviator

Reaction score
I haven't downloaded a flightplan, but I followed the tutorials included in the STS expansion pack. If I download the checklists of the real Space Shuttle, I will find all procedure explanations there?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I haven't downloaded a flightplan, but I followed the tutorials included in the STS expansion pack. If I download the checklists of the real Space Shuttle, I will find all procedure explanations there?

No, the flight plan only tells you and in which attitude, which action is done. Maybe that is better as you would like to. I could write you some aspects of it as summary on OrbiterWiki, but I am too lazy doing it.

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt in your thread Aviator, but could you tell me where you download the Shuttle Fleet Expansion Pack? The Orbiter wiki suggests there is an expansion pack with a few things in it, but I can't find it on orbiter hangar...all I can find is individual STS mission expansions...is this what the wiki means when it says expansion?

The Aviator

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt in your thread Aviator, but could you tell me where you download the Shuttle Fleet Expansion Pack? The Orbiter wiki suggests there is an expansion pack with a few things in it, but I can't find it on orbiter hangar...all I can find is individual STS mission expansions...is this what the wiki means when it says expansion?

If you go on Orbit Hangar search for David413 in the search for Author and you will find all Shuttle Fleet addons. The Shuttle Fleet Expansion Pack is under the name of STS Exp Pack V4.0.1. For use it you must have (of course) Shuttle Fleet V4.0.1 first. Then, you can download the others STS missions scenarios.

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
If you go on Orbit Hangar search for David413 in the search for Author and you will find all Shuttle Fleet addons. The Shuttle Fleet Expansion Pack is under the name of STS Exp Pack V4.0.1. For use it you must have (of course) Shuttle Fleet V4.0.1 first. Then, you can download the others STS missions scenarios.

Thanks a lot mate.
Once I've gotten used to it, if I figure out an answer to your question I'll be sure to try and help.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
I have a great question... How to make the OBSS Shuttle Tile inspection? I was looking for tutorials, but no one founded.

Is it done manually? :hmm:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It can be, but it is usually done in auto mode.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Is it done manually? :hmm:

Yes. The procedures appear inside the PDRS checklist, if I am not completely mistaken.

Wally

Reaction score
I'm also using STS Guidance and Control MFD with Shuttle Fleet and I get negative values for Setup Lead Angle during Rendezvous stage. Going with time acceleration, I pass 360 degrees and return to 0, cycling only trough positive values. What do I have to do to match the Setup and the Current lead angles if the Setup one is negative?

Attachments

• 10.05.03 22-53-32 STS-120.jpg
    10.05.03 22-53-32 STS-120.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: