Programming Question What are these these sounds?

Reaction score
(Sorry I am all over the place) I am editing a sound for one craft that I have and I see the values:
Code:
RCS_THRUST_ATTACK=Sound\Vessel\laat\[Name].wav
RCS_THRUST_SUSTAIN=Sound\Vessel\laat\[Name].wav

What is RCS Thrust Attack and RCS Thrust Sustain?

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Just by definitions, and I could be wrong, my guess is that your vessel uses two sounds when you fire rcs. The attack sound plays right when you initiate the sound, for example it might sound like a small puffing or explosion. The sustain would be an enduring sound that continues to play as you continue firing the rcs. This might be a smoothly looping white noise of sorts that sounds like a thrust flow

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

And when I say "definition," I mean the definitions of "attack" and "sustain" as defined in the field of sound synthesis

Reaction score
Okay, thanks! Is there code for sounds to play when retro jets come in? New question: what's attitude thrust? RTS?

Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
All code is specific to your vessel regarding these matters, so it depends on your SDK for specifics(pretty sure). Attitude control is probably either RCS or possibly some bigger engines for example a system that might be used instead of gimballed engines. Depends again on the vessel but the function is that it controls the direction your vehicle is pointing out oriented, it's attitude. RTS probably reverse thrust system. Like an engine that can reverse or divert thrust to counteract the typical "forward" direction

Reaction score
Okay, so low Attitude value is probably the reason this craft drifts like crazy? (I point nose in one direction, it keep going in original vector)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Okay, so low Attitude value is probably the reason this craft drifts like crazy? (I point nose in one direction, it keep going in original vector)

In the air? That's your aerodynamics.
If your nose is moving just fine, your attitude control is fine. Change your attitude doesn't make your craft change direction without some force, whether translational thrust or lift.

Reaction score
I checked the coding, there is no aerodynamic coding at all, can someone make it? Want me to put my coding for the ship? (It is the LAAT gunship by marcogavazzeni) Should I just steal the aerodynamics from the DeltaGulider? I want little drift, not too much, what values should I change?

Update:I decide to remove the main thrusts function.

Last edited: