Problem Water Texure Appearing On Land

Paraso

Reaction score
Hello, I hope you're all doing well.

I asked about this on another thread and got some help, but decided to create a separate thread. This is an issue that has been occurring with Orbiter 2016 w/ the D3D9 Client & Earth high resolution textures. There appear to be ocean wave textures that surround altered scenery areas (Edwards AFB with the Antelope scenery pack, Boca Chica, Historical Spaceports, etc. I've verified that all of my Earth archive files match those on the orbiter website and that I am not missing any. I am using scenery resolution level 19, terrain flattening is on (though it doesn't seem to make a difference). This issue appears to only occur when terrain is at its max resolution. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 13

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hello :salute:

have a look in your folder "...\ Textures \ Earth \ Mask \ nn \ nnnnnn" may be there are tiles with an undesirable alpha channel
corresponding to the "\ Textures \ Earth \ Mask \ nn \ nnnnnn" tiles of your zone.... ?

With n = number
nn = resolution
nnnnnn = area

You can try this :
rename your "Mask" folder to "Mask_off" (or what you want).
Then Orbiter works fine, but without mask-tiles (water and night lights)
and look at this scene again....

And tell me what happens...

Paraso

Reaction score
Hello :salute:

have a look in your folder "...\ Textures \ Earth \ Mask \ nn \ nnnnnn" may be there are tiles with an undesirable alpha channel
corresponding to the "\ Textures \ Earth \ Mask \ nn \ nnnnnn" tiles of your zone.... ?

With n = number
nn = resolution
nnnnnn = area

You can try this :
rename your "Mask" folder to "Mask_off" (or what you want).
Then Orbiter works fine, but without mask-tiles (water and night lights)
and look at this scene again....

And tell me what happens...
Hi, Thanks for your response
I tried doing exactly what you said, and the result I got was that doing so made waves appear on a lot of tiles that they did not appear on previously. Also made buildings appear?

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 18

Paraso

Reaction score
I did some messing around, and found that this issue only occurs when the "Surf" folder in Earth is in it. I'll see if I can mess with some of the undershadowing options on the base configs.