Question Vinka's Spacecraft with Orbiter 2016?

saintman443

Reaction score
I recently installed 2016 and attempting to see which of the add-on's work. I cannot get anything that uses any version of spacecraft.dll to work. CTD on load if anything in scenario uses spacecraft. I installed all versions...1 through 4. Only other add-ons installed are sound, ucgo, ummu and the updated MFDs on orbithangar (launch, glideslope, etc.). According to the forums it looks like others can get it to work...is there something simple I'm missing?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've gotten it to work with no problem. Are you using in-line graphics or D3D9?

I'd gotten plenty of CTD when using ummu though.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I recently installed 2016 and attempting to see which of the add-on's work. I cannot get anything that uses any version of spacecraft.dll to work. CTD on load if anything in scenario uses spacecraft. I installed all versions...1 through 4. Only other add-ons installed are sound, ucgo, ummu and the updated MFDs on orbithangar (launch, glideslope, etc.). According to the forums it looks like others can get it to work...is there something simple I'm missing?

Sound, UCGO, UMmu, and even SC4 are NOT fully compatible with 2016. They might run and even perform mostly right, but here and there you'll get awkward behavior and CTDs. If you are willing to explore the wonderful worlds of incompatible binary behavior, you are welcome to try them, of course. Just don't expect determinism or a detailed hitchhiker's guide :lol: .

If you prefer stable environments, I think you'll have to wait until Dan and Vinka update their work.