Video/Commercial for Orbiter

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I was thinking of something. Why not make a formal, professional video/commercial representing Orbiter 2010 on youtube and promote it. We have 5,000 members and would probably have more if more people knew about Orbiter. It is just an idea.

For example, you could show the Saturn V going to the Moon, the Shuttle launching, and near the end of the video it could be a really fast retrospective of all the addons in the past up to now. Maybe it could be like a 10 year anniversary video or something. Although I have videos they are not as great and professional as many others. Maybe someone would like to collaborate with me on this. It would would make me proud of being involved and all of the short history gone into this simulator.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I know he has that, but I was talking about one where it would represent ALL of Orbiter and all the triumphs.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
There are FAR too many add-ons to include them all in a wiz-bang montage! :lol:

I think there would have to be a retrospective documentary to cover all of that

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I'd think Xyon's "Orbiter - A decade of space travel" video really represents all of orbiter and the triumphs, just look at the differences between the versions and the newer addons, pretty amazing :lol:

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
There are FAR too many add-ons to include them all in a wiz-bang montage! :lol:

I think there would have to be a retrospective documentary to cover all of that
Someone needs to make one. I am not that great at video editing and etc, but I am great with ideas. Ha ha. Not really all the addons, but the big name ones and it would covers them in under twenty seconds, but enough for the viewer to see the them.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ha ha. Not really all the addons, but the big name ones and it would covers them in under twenty seconds, but enough for the viewer to see the them.
I don't know if any one thing in Orbiter could be covered in under 20 seconds...

This would certainly be an interesting challenge to any filmmakers in the community. Not being one of them, I'll have to pass though. Like you said, I'm only good with the ideas... :cheers:

Keatah

Reaction score
I say we go over the key features and maybe use 5 or 10 different add-ons.

We should include:

1- launch of a rocket
2- runway take-off
3- lunar and mars landing
4- outer planets flyby
5- orbiting earth and docking
6- something showing detail of a few select add-ons
7- inside and outside and virtual cockpit views
8- a few technical closeups of huds and mfds and panels
9- landing and re-entry

All of this can be shown in 45 seconds, really.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I'm sure it could all be shown in 45 seconds, but why would you do that? if I was the one making the video I'd try and show each feature for as long as I possibly could while still keeping the total length of the video down and the viewer interested in it.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ditto what Woo said. This is the Internet, not a TV network, so there's no practical limit to running time.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I had this annoying glitch happen with my Orbiter installation, so I had to uninstall it. I couldn't be bothered to reinstall it with all my addons, so I just kinda left it and haven't played Orbiter in a while (hence my member title). I might get around to downloading the next release and helping with this though, I have some pretty good experience with video editing.

Turbinator

Reaction score
The surface to space, or space to surface transition needs to be shown, so people get the idea that there is no loading in-between. Show a retro-burn, re-entry, touchdown in fast motion.

Unstung

Reaction score
I say we go over the key features and maybe use 5 or 10 different add-ons.

We should include:

1- launch of a rocket
2- runway take-off
3- lunar and mars landing
4- outer planets flyby
5- orbiting earth and docking
6- something showing detail of a few select add-ons
7- inside and outside and virtual cockpit views
8- a few technical closeups of huds and mfds and panels
9- landing and re-entry

All of this can be shown in 45 seconds, really.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_cutting"]Fast cutting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
Not what it's used for though. That would be too chaotic and wouldn't make any sense tbh.

A lot of us already make videos involving Orbiter.

When I hear about a video commercial, I think of something within the 15 to 60 second range. ( Such as: http://tinyurl.com/2vj5jgz http://tinyurl.com/38h9e4n )

I came here, anyways, because of Tex's videos while searching for Orbiter. He just has to promote the forums in his videos.