Vessel Sound

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'd like to add sound effects to a project I'm working on.
I've got the wav files named and ready to go in a folder.
What I'm wondering is this.
If I add this code to a vessel config.

EditorModule = Spacecraft\Augmented Eagle

and then write an ini file containing only the sound parameters and drop it in the Spacecraft folder, will I be able to add sound to my vessels ?

After reading the ScnEditor PDF, it seems as if it might work for sound and animation but I can't find any concrete detail other than that.

Does anyone have any ideas on this ?

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ok, I tried it out.
It doesn't work.:sorry:
Maybe this will:

EnableSound = true
Sound = Spacecraft\Augmented Eagle

If not, it will require the Computerex touch for a custom vessel sound (CVSound ) plug in for basic vessels ...............

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
No. I'm trying to add custom sound support to basic vessel configs. Vinka's SC3 is great for 1 or 2, or even 5 ships but it limits the number of Spacecraft you can place in one scenario.
This can be a real pain when running RTF custom Fleet scenarios because I have made and run scenarios with up to 20 sepperate vessels.( not counting .dll controled ships )

Basicly, I'm looking for a way to sqeeze the maximum versatility out of a vessel config for new developers who can't write custom .dll modules by finding a way to utilize the plug ins and MFDs already availible.

I can write .ini files chock-a-block full of animations and sound all day long and make 'em dance like it was Saturday night. Mostly, I'm just very tired of stock Orbit sound on ships they don't jive with.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I wonder if I could use the .ini for the Editor module and drop it in the Modules folder ???

This is one of those areas of Orbiter that could really use a developers tutorial !