Vehicle Solidity and Damage

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Vehicle Solidity and Damage

Is there any way to make the vehicles in Orbiter become solid objects with crash and damage ? It would be nice to kind of crash/slightly bounce off of other vehicles in the sim. Any chance this will be in the future of Orbiter?
I want vehicles that are damaged if you dont dock with the right speed and docking collar line up. Also, I think docking collars should not be so universal. You dont see the Apollo Service Module docking with say the Atlantis Space shuttle even though you can have both vehicles in the same scenario.

I also would like to see an optional MFD that makes docking have to occure only when lined up with respect to its orientation to the other vehicle in the roll aspect. All vehicles will dock with one another no matter how this orientation is. I am under the impression that you have to be rotationally correct when docking with collars both in the past Apollo missions as well as now a days.

I would love to not only be lined up with the dock, but having to be in the right attitude with respect to roll as well.

There is a thread here that looks like its addressing this so I think I will keep this request and link there to this thread. Thanks to all who are or become involved.

Hey if Im going to dream I better dream big. lol.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited: