VATSIM

RAF92_Moser

Reaction score
Does anyone have personal experience with this network and could they share their thoughts on the good/bad things about it?

I've tried it a few times, but it seems the ATC only wants to be boss, even though their job is to maintain traffic.

Jordaxe12

Reaction score
I have flown on vatsim a couple of times and i also atc on vatsim. I tried to be nice when i atc but i doe belive you. I have made on little mistake by not contacting center because i was fixing my autopilot, once and they all started to get mad and they told me to get off.

But may i ask where you are flying?

Fearless

Reaction score
Never had problems, I've flown some 3000 hrs online with my B767. You do get some narky person ocassionally but that's expected now and again.

RAF92_Moser

Reaction score
I use VATSIM to help my real life ATC skills, but they sure are picky. I mean I tell them in the flight plan that I'm a student pilot, but when I do something silly, they let me have it. I have been controlled by some nice fellows, but overall I get hammered.

Sometimes being too professional can sometimes defeat the whole purpose of having fun. Not to say Vatsim isn't a good thing, but the people can be sore*sses.

Jordaxe12

Reaction score
OH!! i totally forgot how much training you have to have. It's so ridiculous. I have been working on del for the last 2 months. and im just getting promoted. Thats what i hate the most, the training.