Request Updated Pylon3.dll

Marg

Reaction score
I am making some kind of a request, for updated Pylon3.dll addon.
Many members know that it was crucial part of "Gazza"`s STS payloads pack and it does not work in new Orbiter 2010 version. It supported realistic "space shuttle" orbit payload operations (and not only). Original creator was "Camelopardalis".
It would be very good if such recompiled pylon.dll appeared.

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The first thing I thought was "We must construct additional pylons!". Now I ain't gonna sleep with this stuck inside my head :(.

Gazza

Reaction score
I am making some kind of a request, for updated Pylon3.dll addon.
Many members know that it was crucial part of "Gazza"`s STS payloads pack and it does not work in new Orbiter 2010 version. It supported realistic "space shuttle" orbit payload operations (and not only). Original creator was "Camelopardalis".
It would be very good if such recompiled pylon.dll appeared.

I was hoping pylon would work as it was based on VESSEL2. Have you tried to email Camelopardalis?

Thanks

Marg

Reaction score
Hm, I do not have his e-mail address.

fort

Reaction score
If i remember, the pylon3.dll have been made by dbeachy1 from the camelopardalis's ( camelopardis ? ) sources.

Sometimes, that link ( to the old forum ), about pylon3 announced by dbeachy1, works; and sometimes not.

http://www.orbitersim.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7594

Edit:

From the ggl cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VdgAEQ_lIg4J:www.orbitersim.com/Forum/Default.aspx%3Fg%3Dposts%26t%3D7594+camelopardis+orbiter&cd=3&hl=fr&
ct=clnk&gl=fr

Does this Pylon works with Gazza's (a pleasure to read you Gazza ) STS Payload ? I do not remember the details .

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Unfortunately I do not have the C++ source code for Pylon. What I did was run a disassembler on the old Pylon.dll to generate assembly language source, trace through it to fix some CTD bugs and add SET_FOCUS support, and then build the .ASM file back into a DLL (this was under Orbiter 2006 before P1 was released). It will require the actual C++ source code to rebuild Pylon against the new Orbiter APIs using the new Orbiter 2010 SDK header files.

The good news is that camelopardis came back a short time after my Pylon fixes and created an updated debug version of Plyon. Information is in this thread from M6. Here is a post camelpoardis made on September 7, 2006 from page five of that thread, which was three months after my reverse-engineered bugfix version:

camelopardis said:
Topic: STS Payloads PART 2 and STS Payloads PART 3

Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:01:44 PM

Hi

I've uploaded a new version of the modules. With new commands for mesh handling (ADD_MESH, SET_MESH_VISIBILITY and CLEAR_MESHES) Seems to work all fine in general, but some visibility modes doesn't show the meshes from internal view (cockpit) where they should. Explanation of the command parameters is in the text file.

What else did you needed Gazza? I think that's all?

Thanks

Does anyone have camelopardis' email address?

Marg

Reaction score
Gazza has. At least I think so, because he tested pylon extensively during all that period.

fort

Reaction score
Somewhat against my will, not having time to sort through all of what appears here or on orbithangar in the intention to keep only what interests me and seems well made, I am forced to see me with discomfort, transformed into archivist. I do have multiple versions of pylon and may be the one you seek.

I'll take a look at and collect everything I have on pylon. At first sight, i see that I have 8 versions since 2004 of this dll and many topics related to it.

edit:

I think that i've it ( pylon09092006 ) with the ADD_MESH, SET_MESH_VISIBILITY and CLEAR_MESHES command, and Gazza, too, i suppose.

Last edited:

Marg

Reaction score
What i can say now, after some testing, I completely forgot to install PylonMFD.dll, that`s why Pylon MFD did not appear, he-he, I just thought pylon3.dll does it all.
But downside is that sequences are not showing up in this MFD.
So attachments, and manual management with them works, but not automated sequences. But at least that is OK, because when I worked with PFTA suring STS-8 mission, and at the end, before un-grappling and putting back, i thought, "but how to put it back at the same attachment, where it was" (0:1, STS-8-BAY)?
Now, at least, that`s not a problem.

Gazza

Reaction score
What i can say now, after some testing, I completely forgot to install PylonMFD.dll, that`s why Pylon MFD did not appear, he-he, I just thought pylon3.dll does it all.
But downside is that sequences are not showing up in this MFD.
So attachments, and manual management with them works, but not automated sequences. But at least that is OK, because when I worked with PFTA suring STS-8 mission, and at the end, before un-grappling and putting back, i thought, "but how to put it back at the same attachment, where it was" (0:1, STS-8-BAY)?
Now, at least, that`s not a problem.

So it's just the sequences that don't work on the pylon MFD? I will get around to install orbiter 2010 and see if a workaround can be found for the sequences. Thanks for testing.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is the code for it. Yes sequences doesn't work.
Code:
https://github.com/yomboprime/Pylon

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It would be nice to get this going. Really the sequence part isn't working. Code is available.

To me the way it works is moves, attach, release attachment points. some of the functions can be done in sc3/4.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Any one want to tackle this?

Tried to to make a mfd but failed. But it seems to read then scn and then depending on the scn function it moves attachments,.....