General Question Universal cargo deck with the XR5

Iberville

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I put an Azure rover (the stock one from UCGO) into the cargo bay of an XR5 using universal cargo deck/payload manager. I am planning to bring it to my Longshot in orbit and leave to Jupiter's moons. The problem is that the docking alarm of the XR 5 (''warning, docking port not openend) just won't stop! My guess is that it is beacause UCD is a ''ghost ship''. I tried shutting down the proximity alert but it won't work. Any idea?

Thanks.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
How are you attaching UCD to the XR-5? I've never had that warning when using it.

Iberville

Reaction score
I create a Ucarago deck and then I select the XR5 as the core ships attached to it. Then I create the Azure and use the payload manager to put it inside de cargo bay.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
That's probably what is causing the problem.

Use this -> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3312"]Universal Cargo Deck carrier for the XR5[/ame]

Attach UCD to it then attach your rover to that. Should fix it.

Iberville

Reaction score
It does not seem to work. I installed this addon but I don't really see its point. It's just making an other middle man between the XR5 and the Ucargodeck/payload. Short answer, that crazy alarm keeps going in the ship. I'll continue to see If am I doing something else wrong but I am running short on ideas.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Double-check that none of your four NAV radio frequencies are tuned to any vessel attached to the UCD. [A simple way to check is to bring up your COM/NAV MFD and see if any of the four NAV radios have text below the frequency like "XPDR foo" or "IDS D-01 foo".] If any of your four NAV radios are locked onto a vessel, the XR checks whether the closest vessel is within 100 meters of the docking port, and if so, whether the distance from the docking port to that vessel has decreased since the previous timestep ("frame" in the simulation). If both conditions are true, the warning is played.

If you are getting the warning all the time and there are no other vessels in range besides those attached to UCD, what you need to do is to retune the NAV radio that is locked onto a vessel attached to the UCD to some other frequency (so the ship won't be locked onto that vessel anymore). It is odd that the warning keeps playing for a vessel in the bay at all, however, because in theory the distance should remain exactly the same at each timestep. However, perhaps the distance is varying in the least-significant decimal place every few frames or something due to a rounding error, just enough to be detected.

So to sum up: the fix is to retune your NAV radios so they aren't locked onto any bay vessels. :thumbup:

Iberville

Reaction score
dbeachy1 you were entirely rigth, again :thumbup:

In fact, all of the radios were on the same freq of the UCD. Problem is solved!

Thanks to you two guys.