TTCA use

redberon2003

Reaction score
Spent my afternoon trying to figure out what if anything I did wrong or if it was a control issue. Did some document digging and couldn’t find what I wanted so I figured I’d pick the brain of an amazing team.

Had a ttca slider set at 100 which was causing the LM to leave controlled flight (would do so anything past 40%). How is the TTCA used during that maneuver? Or perhaps it’s something else I missed or added by accident.

Regards

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Spent my afternoon trying to figure out what if anything I did wrong or if it was a control issue. Did some document digging and couldn’t find what I wanted so I figured I’d pick the brain of an amazing team.

Had a ttca slider set at 100 which was causing the LM to leave controlled flight (would do so anything past 40%). How is the TTCA used during that maneuver? Or perhaps it’s something else I missed or added by accident.

Regards
Could you provide a little more context to your issue? Which maneuver, which slider etc? Are you using keyboard or a joystick? And are you speaking of the jets or throttle?

redberon2003

Reaction score
P40 DOI burn down to 8.8. Happens when the descent engine lights for the first time. Throttle is the issue and by disabling hardware and doing nothing throttle hangs around 40% for the burn and all goes well. Anything much more than that seems to overwhelm the attitude controls (joystick at100%)

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
P40 DOI burn down to 8.8. Happens when the descent engine lights for the first time. Throttle is the issue and by disabling hardware and doing nothing throttle hangs around 40% for the burn and all goes well. Anything much more than that seems to overwhelm the attitude controls (joystick at100%)
So you are saying if you manually increase the throttle above 40% during the DPS DOI the LM loses attitude control?

Normally that DOI burn was all manual throttle, 10% for 15 seconds then 40% until the completion of the maneuver.

EDIT: Just tried a DOI, 10% for 15 seconds then 100%, didn't lose control on that. Are you starting the burn at 100% by chance? I also tried ignition at 10% and ramping to 100% with no wild excursions in attitude.

Last edited: