Problem Time Warp Causing Landed Vessel to fly into space

dundun92

Reaction score
As the title says, whenever I exceed 100x time warp (sometimes even when I hit 100x) on the ground, vessels are jumping into the air, and ending some sort of escape trajectory. It happens with both the stock DG and the XR-2. I'm running Orbiter 2016.

GLS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As the title says, whenever I exceed 100x time warp (sometimes even when I hit 100x) on the ground, vessels are jumping into the air, and ending some sort of escape trajectory. It happens with both the stock DG and the XR-2. I'm running Orbiter 2016.

When you land a vessel, it remains "in-flight state" unless it is perfectly stationary with no thrusters firing for 5 seconds, and then it goes into "landed state". When landed, the vessel will remain fixed on the surface, but if it is still "in-flight", time acceleration will make it jump and sayonara (the aero, gear mechanics and orbital mechanics simply aren't stable with a very low sampling).
The (best) way you can change the vessel state to "landed" is by putting the brakes on for 5 seconds, and you should see the AOA meter in Surface MFD the stop moving = you are now in "landed state".

dundun92

Reaction score
When you land a vessel, it remains "in-flight state" unless it is perfectly stationary with no thrusters firing for 5 seconds, and then it goes into "landed state". When landed, the vessel will remain fixed on the surface, but if it is still "in-flight", time acceleration will make it jump and sayonara (the aero, gear mechanics and orbital mechanics simply aren't stable with a very low sampling).
The (best) way you can change the vessel state to "landed" is by putting the brakes on for 5 seconds, and you should see the AOA meter in Surface MFD the stop moving = you are now in "landed state".

Thanks, will try later!

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Additionaly, if GLS' method doesn't work, you can force the vessel to be in "landed" configuration by setting its coordinates in the Scenario Editor.

If you haven't already, enable the Scenario Editor under Orbiter Launchpad -> Modules -> Tools and dialogs -> ScnEditor, and thereafter you can access it in the simulator by pressing Ctrl+F4.
Then, when on the surface, but still bouncing around (check AoA in Surface MFD, as GLS said):
  1. Open Scenario Editor
  2. Click Edit after having selected your vessel
  3. Press Location
  4. Press Apply
You should now be static on the ground, at the same location.

dundun92

Reaction score
So neither method worked for the XR-2. Even after being initially stopped from the scenario editor, it went back to the active state. But since I was just trying to get to a launch window, moving the time forward on the scenario editor worked perfectly. Thanks for the help though.