Request Tianwen Mars Mission

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
Tianwen-1 is a planned mission by China to send a spacecraft, which consists of an orbiter, a lander and a rover, to Mars. The name "Tianwen" (Chinese: 天問), which means Heavenly Questions or Questions to Heaven, comes from the long poem of the same name written by Qu Yuan (about 340–278 BC), one of the greatest poets of ancient China.

The mission is planned to be launched in July 2020 with a Long March 5 heavy lift rocket.

Its stated objectives are to search for evidence of both current and past life, and to assess the planet's environment

This addon that is yet to be developed will simulate Tianwen-1's Mars Mission.

UPDATE: The rocket that's needed for the Tianwen-1 simulation would be the Long March 5 via Multistage 2015.

Last edited:

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
Today just saw the successful launch of Tianwen-1 aboard the Long March 5! I repeat, Tianwen-1 has been launched!

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
It has been awhile since Tianwen-1 was launched, and no addon for this probe has been developed yet (maybe before it reached the Martian System)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Making the meshes and animation for the rover can be done easily. With a rover mesh one could use VB to do it. BUT getting on the surface is hard for me.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if is available for KSP. Someone could redo the models,.....