The Telectroscope!

cljohnston

Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Hey, WOW! Did you guys know that they've built a tunnel across the Atlantic, from New York to London, and you can look from one end to the other via the amazing Telectroscope?
It's "true"! :speakcool:

telectroscope494.jpg

tele3_673229c.jpg

tele5_673231c.jpg

The Telectroscope – 22 May-15 June 2008. London and New York.

Do you believe in the Telectroscope?

OhGizmo! » Archive » Steampunk Telectroscope Uses Secret Tunnel To See London From New York

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So it's just teleconferencing technology. It would be interesting if someone came up with a way to see a scene that far away without using any electricity, now that would be interesting.

Ursus

Rocket Tinker
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Interesting... For some reason, when I was looking at the site, The Sultan's Elephant (Hmmm... actually, here's the Wikipedia article), by Royal de Luxe came to mind. It turns out that Artichoke, the company that's "producing" the Telectroscope, was also responsible for bringing the Sultan's Elephant to London. That would've been something to see. I wonder why I never hear of such interesting shows on the the west coast of the US.

YL3GDY

Reaction score
So it's just teleconferencing technology. It would be interesting if someone came up with a way to see a scene that far away without using any electricity, now that would be interesting.

This can be done without any magic. Simply use a long optical cable and large lens on both sides.

But no one will allow you to use any transatlantic optical line for such shows ;)

Reaction score
so you can do illegal migration by just smashing the glass?